Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Mahan released!! (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=38431)

KeiselPower99 09-02-2009 08:54 PM

Mahan released!!

Our favorite whipping boy Sean Mahan has been cut by the Bucs.

tony hipchest 09-02-2009 08:59 PM

Re: Mahan released!!

...look good...

...black and gold...

...vet minimum...

:coffee: (im sure the steelers arent blind to the situation if they are thinking of adding a waiver wire veteran who can back up at c/g- i dont think they are).

Steel Head 09-02-2009 09:20 PM

LMFAO

lol at all the people who were defending Mahan when he played for us, he sucks

NJarhead 09-02-2009 09:26 PM

I doubt he wants to come back here. Didn't we trade him for a grouper sandwich or something?

fansince'76 09-02-2009 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steel Head (Post 649388)
LMFAO

lol at all the people who were defending Mahan when he played for us, he sucks

And yet here it is, 2009, and arguably the biggest obstacle to a repeat and the weakest unit on the team remains the OL. Guess Mahan wasn't the WHOLE problem, huh?

Steel Head 09-02-2009 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fansince'76 (Post 649394)
And yet here it is, 2009, and arguably the biggest obstacle to a repeat and the weakest unit on the team remains the OL. Guess Mahan wasn't the WHOLE problem, huh?

He was the worst player on the O-line. Did we win the SB with Mahan? nope. Hartwig was a huge upgrade

Why do you think we signed him to a 5 year deal and then traded him after 1 year for a measily 7th rd pick? use some common sense

fansince'76 09-02-2009 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steel Head (Post 649396)
He was the worst player on the O-line. Did we win the SB with Mahan? nope. Hartwig was a huge upgrade

Why do you think we signed him to a 5 year deal and then traded him after 1 year? use some common sense

Who was it that damn near cost us that Super Bowl with a holding call that cost us 2 points and possession?

Huge upgrade my ass. Hartwig is a stopgap.

And while I agree that Mahan did blow, I also don't think he was the whole problem with the OL.

tony hipchest 09-02-2009 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fansince'76 (Post 649397)

Huge upgrade my ass. Hartwig is a stopgap.

true, but mahan was a mistake. tomlin even admitted as much by promptly getting rid of his ass.

word is he can play guard (i dont know if anyone has ever witnessed it with bullets flying).

if this is the case, and iff essex and urbick suck bad enough (which i dont think they do) he may raise an eyebrow by the steelers and still probably not get signed.

fansince'76 09-02-2009 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 649400)
true, but mahan was a mistake. tomlin even admitted as much by promptly getting rid of his ass.

word is he can play guard (i dont know if anyone has ever witnessed it with bullets flying).

if this is the case, and iff essex and urbick suck bad enough (which i dont think they do) he may raise an eyebrow by the steelers and still probably not get signed.

I agree, Mahan did suck. I'm just saying he wasn't the entire problem up front, that's all. I'll also admit that I'm spoiled. I grew up watching the likes of Webster and then Dirt at center. After that, a guy like Hartwig leaves a person wanting, you know?

KeiselPower99 09-02-2009 09:49 PM

I dont think he would come back here anyway. Wasnt he pissed off after Hartwig was given the job over him