Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Just-hired Jagodzinski fired by Bucs (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=38455)

nojobny 09-03-2009 10:48 AM

Just-hired Jagodzinski fired by Bucs

Just-hired Jagodzinski fired by Bucs
By Pat Yasinskas
ESPN.com

TAMPA, Fla. -- In a stunning move 10 days before the start of the regular season, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have dismissed offensive coordinator Jeff Jagodzinski.

The Bucs announced the move in a statement Thursday morning and said quarterbacks coach Greg Olson will take over as coordinator. There was no reason given for Jagodzinski's firing, but coach Raheem Morris is scheduled to discuss the situation later in the day.

The change comes on the eve of the Bucs' preseason finale against the Houston Texans. Tampa Bay opens the regular season Sept. 13 against the Dallas Cowboys.

"I am certainly disappointed but I wish nothing but the best for Raheem Morris and the entire Buccaneer organization," Jagodzinski said in a statement Thursday. "I was given the chance to remain on staff as the quarterbacks coach, but felt that the timing for such a move was not in the best interest for either side."

Jagodzinski was hired by Morris in January three weeks after a rocky ending to his time as head coach at Boston College. Jagodzinski was fired by the Eagles after interviewing for the head coaching vacancy with the New York Jets against the wishes of the college's administration.

He interviewed despite the ultimatum and was fired the next day. The Jets job eventually went to Rex Ryan.

Jagodzinski led Boston College to the Atlantic Coast Conference championship game in each of his two seasons.

Olson came to the Bucs as quarterbacks coach last year under former coach Jon Gruden. He previously has been offensive coordinator for Detroit and St. Louis.

The Bucs became the second NFL team in three days to make a preseason change at offensive coordinator; the Kansas City Chiefs relieved Chan Gailey of his duties on Monday and said head coach Todd Haley will take over the role.

Pat Yasinskas covers the NFC South for ESPN.com. Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Psyychoward86 09-03-2009 12:01 PM

Re: Just-hired Jagodzinski fired by Bucs

Yup. Bucs can say hello to the basement of the NFC South.

revefsreleets 09-03-2009 12:20 PM

Arians still sucks!

(Just wanted to get a jump on the nitwits)

SteelTalons 09-03-2009 01:26 PM

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-traini...re-Jagodzinski

Apparently Morris apparently didn't like what he was bringing to the table. Talked it over and decided that Jag wasn't the man for the job, that Olson was better suited for the position based on what they were trying to accomplish with the offense.

RoethlisBURGHer 09-03-2009 01:52 PM

Jagodzonski will get picked up somewhere. Maybe not as an offensive coordinator, but he will find a job (probably as a QB coach).

4xSBChamps 09-03-2009 10:30 PM

I moved from da lil' Burg to an hour East of Tampa 3 years ago, with the opinion that 'Chuckie' was an ass, waiting for the day he'd be shown the door, so I could make a legitimate attempt to 'adopt' what the locals call 'the Pewter Pirates' (I'm not making this up, folks) as my 2nd-favorite team, but it seems this franchise is in full-blown turmoil:
the toothless-wonders here in Floriduh are HOWLING for Morris & Dominck's hyde, predicting no-more than 3 wins this year