Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Faneca (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=38892)

Shellshock 09-13-2009 09:39 PM

Faneca

It pains me to say this, but he looked good today. I would kill for the production he gave today. Pitt. can't run since he left.

Christian Snyder 09-13-2009 09:41 PM

Re: Fanaca

I miss Alan Faneca... He was a great O-lineman... Something we don't have now....

KeiselPower99 09-13-2009 11:43 PM

One game dont make a season. He was a great player for us but he is gone.

RoethlisBURGHer 09-14-2009 12:08 AM

Oh get over it. He wanted the biggest contract for a guard in the history of football and he knew he wasn't going to get it from the Steelers.

He could have taken less money to stay in Pittsburgh, but he didn't want to. So he left and joined the Jets...who also have one of the premier centers and left tackles in football on their offensive line.

He's gone, and the line played bad while he was here for his last two seasons in the Burgh. So I highly doubt we'd be any better with Faneca right now than we are without him.

Steel Head 09-14-2009 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shellshock (Post 658716)
It pains me to say this, but he looked good today. I would kill for the production he gave today. Pitt. can't run since he left.

Faneca played well?

shocking

MACH1 09-14-2009 12:54 AM

Re: Faneca

Not another Steelers can't run thread. :banging:

KeiselPower99 09-14-2009 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MACH1 (Post 658797)
Not another Steelers can't run thread. :banging:

Seems to be heading that way

fansince'76 09-14-2009 12:58 AM

Yeah, I really miss his whining because his drinking buddy Grimm didn't get the HC job, not to mention his bitch fit about his contract to the media. I'll bet he wishes he had a second ring.

Preacher 09-14-2009 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fansince'76 (Post 658800)
Yeah, I really miss his whining because his drinking buddy Grimm didn't get the HC job, not to mention his bitch fit about his contract to the media. I'll bet he wishes he had a second ring.

Not to mention his sudden inability to block when he was upset about his contract and destructive presence in the locker room because he didn't like Ben calling the blocking schemes.

Good bye. Hope our new SB ring looks good from afar.

OneForTheToe 09-14-2009 02:20 AM

You need to remember that if we sign Faneca, then someone else we did keep would have to go. Who would it be? Harrison? Hines? And nobody please say Hartwig, Starks or Kemo because Faneca wasn't going to sign for those numbers.