Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Under dogs Pats gritty win???? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=38974)

steelwalls 09-16-2009 07:06 AM

Under dogs Pats gritty win????

When will this love affair with the pats end? One mistake on a kick off was the difference in the 'Bills' winning the game against the "dynasty". I dont want to sound like a cry baby but the Titans game was not given to us at all, we scratched tooth and nail to win it but all you hear after our win was how bad we suck. The Pats barely get by a half ass team and they (Brady) is the best thing since sliced bread. Makes me sick to my stomach...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

Franco32Harris 09-16-2009 08:13 AM

Re: Under dogs Pats gritty win????

Im tired of hearing about Brady and how he is the best QB ever

sharkweek 09-16-2009 08:14 AM

At the same time I think I'd rather be neglected than doted upon.

The media doesn't like the Steelers because they they're not sexy and chic. And the analysts don't like them because they're too complicated and unpredictable.

Also, the situation with the Titties game is a bad one to get upset over. Just about everyone predicted a tough game and many even picked the Titans to win. There's less need to report the "news" there. Whereas everyone is slobbing all over the Pats to reclaim their rightful crown and do it with ease, so when they slip up along the way failing to crush the Bills, it makes the analysts look bad, so they have to twist it in a way that makes themselves look good despite making incorrect predictions.

solardave 09-16-2009 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharkweek (Post 660583)

The media doesn't like the Steelers because they they're not sexy and chic. And the analysts don't like them because they're too complicated and unpredictable.

Also, the situation with the Titties game is a bad one to get upset over. Just about everyone predicted a tough game and many even picked the Titans to win. There's less need to report the "news" there. Whereas everyone is slobbing all over the Pats to reclaim their rightful crown and do it with ease, so when they slip up along the way failing to crush the Bills, it makes the analysts look bad, so they have to twist it in a way that makes themselves look good despite making incorrect predictions.

I hope we meet their sorry asses in the playoffs since we don't play during the season.

After we beat them the press will say they had an off day. Poor Poor Marsha.

Kind of makes us feel like the other Bradk kids but that alright. they don't see us coming.

The Patriot 09-16-2009 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharkweek (Post 660583)

Even the mighty Pittsburgh Steelers surrendered their lead and were down to the Arizona Cardinals in the super bowl. But, of course, that's an amazing drive by Ben, while Brady was "given" the game because Merriweather and the freakin kicker managed to force a fumble?!?

BozMan 09-16-2009 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Patriot (Post 660605)
Even the mighty Pittsburgh Steelers surrendered their lead and were down to the Arizona Cardinals in the super bowl. But, of course, that's an amazing drive by Ben, while Brady was "given" the game because Merriweather and the freakin kicker managed to force a fumble?!?

Yes, pretty much. The Pats* were given that game by Buffalo and their idiocy. The idiotic Buffalo kick returner should have just downed that last kick in the end zone. Buffalo didn't need great field position on that possession. They just needed to pick up a couple first downs and run out the clock. Yet the boneheaded kick returner still decided to run the kick out of the end zone.

If Buffalo had done what should have been obvious, for starters, there would have never been a chance for NE to force a fumble. And then it would have been far less likely for Brady to take the field one more time to lead a "miraculous 4th quarter comeback drive" for the media to gush about.

revefsreleets 09-16-2009 09:48 AM

The Bills will be one of the lower tier teams in the AFC this year...and the Pats BARELY beat them at home, and looked awful on both sides of the ball doing it.

So, let's see...we can go with the obvious, that THIS is the year the playing field is finally level and the Pats will most likely be a little better than average, OR we can make up steaming piles of horse manure about how they are still the greatest franchise ever, but returning the early days when they were true pioneers and had to fight through to win close games (or some garbage like that)...

I'm going with the truth, and going with A...the dream (cheating made it so) is over in Boston...

RoethlisBURGHer 09-16-2009 11:38 AM

If the Bills kick returner downs the ball in the endzone like he should have, the Bills would be 1-0 and the Patriots would be 0-1.

fansince'76 09-16-2009 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Patriot (Post 660605)

You're right - the bestest, most wonderfulest, most dreamiest, most clutchiest QB in the history of the whole wide universe singlehandedly willed his team to victory. In fact, he used his super-neato mind control powers to induce McKelvin to inexplicably return the ball instead of taking a knee in the end zone and his wicked pissah powers of telekinesis to force the fumble to boot. :rolleyes: :jerkit:

The Patriot 09-16-2009 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fansince'76 (Post 660680)
You're right - the bestest, most wonderfulest, most dreamiest, most clutchiest QB in the history of the universe willed his team to victory. In fact, he used his super-neato mind control and of telekinesis powers to force McKelvin to inexplicably return the ball when he could have downed it and force the fumble to boot. :rolleyes: :jerkit:

Had the bills downed the ball, they would have started at the 20 before the 2 minute warning and, because of the patriot's 3 time outs, they might have had to throw for the first, (barring a great running play). That game was by no means over if the bills had downed the ball. The defense made that fumble happen which is what a good defense does.

I'll tell you where the Bills gave the game away. They gave it away when they started playing 'prevent' with Brady backed up inside the 20 with 5 minutes left. Pressure caused Brady to throw that pick for six. Pressure caused McKelvin to fumble the ball.

Lesson of the Evening: If you pressure Brady, he'll make mistakes. If you sit back and play to prevent the big play, he'll pick you apart with short passes. :yep: