Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Ladainian Tomlinson (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=38976)

Venom 09-16-2009 08:01 AM

Ladainian Tomlinson

Is it me or what , but did you ever realize that Ladainian Tomlinson is always hurt . Every other game hes in , he on the sideline watching the action play on. Hopefully thats what hes doing when they visit us on October 4th !!

Edman 09-16-2009 08:50 AM

Re: Ladainian Tomlinson

Tomlinson is out of gas, IMO. He's never been quite the same since his MVP season in 2006. He looked slow and soft against the Raiders. Now he has a new injury. The years of carrying the Chargers on his back have just taken their toll on him.

RoethlisBURGHer 09-16-2009 10:32 AM

He's toast. LT is a shell of his former self. He is no longer a top 32 running back.

It's sad because I like LT. But all those years of being their only weapon have taken a toll on him, plus his age and recent injury history.

Christian Snyder 09-16-2009 11:52 AM

He's out oif gas...It's time for him to retire. IMO.

steelreserve 09-16-2009 11:52 AM

He's not dominant anymore, that's for sure. He still puts up OK numbers, but I certainly don't think he strikes fear into the defense anymore.

He can probably still be effective for a couple more years as part of a 1-2 punch, as long as they rotate Sproles or someone else in liberally. But he looks like his best days are behind him, and I wouldn't want to put everything on him as my every-down back.

When his contract runs out, somebody will take that chance, though. Arizona? Denver? Seattle? I'm looking your way.

MACH1 09-16-2009 12:04 PM

It's not him thats the problem, its the o-line and entire coaching staff. :rolleyes:

RoethlisBURGHer 09-16-2009 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MACH1 (Post 660702)
It's not him thats the problem, its the o-line and entire coaching staff. :rolleyes:

:rofl:

That was good.

Galax Steeler 09-16-2009 03:36 PM

It is funny how these great running backs come and go. One year they are on top of the world and next year they look like you have taken the air out of them. But I guess that is life and that is football.

steelpride12 09-16-2009 03:55 PM

He is now day to day again. Wow after the first game and injured already. He has maxed out and is slumping hard with his career.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair 09-16-2009 06:37 PM

LT is broken. :injured: