Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   smallest WR core (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=397)

JerseySTEEL 03-13-2005 09:59 AM

smallest WR core

justw as thinking and our Wr range 5'10 to 6'1 for our starting wr if wilsong is our 3rd. id have a short guy being tought then a tall big guy with no hands and no speed cough( plax) hehe

BlitzburghRockCity 03-13-2005 11:13 AM

Re: smallest WR core

I wouldnt be the first time we've had a group of smallish WR's..and even if Wilson does crack the number 3 WR or number 2.. I still say we gotta get Zamir Cobb some reps, he's built alot like plax is, and also look in the draft for big tall WR as well. I dont question the heart of abilities of Ward, or El at all. Hines is the BEST WR in the game today period. Bar none.

clevestinks 03-13-2005 02:23 PM

I`m dying to see Cobb this year I really hope he works out

HinesWard4Life8682 03-13-2005 03:39 PM

yeah... like blitz said, i love hines ward hes my favorite player and just as good as terrell owens or anyother reciever or even better.

he may b 6 foot 200 pounds but he hits like a train and is a monster going down the middle

clevestinks 03-13-2005 06:02 PM

timing is everything, he times his blocks just right, and lifts defendes off thier feet, What a sight it is too.

JerseySTEEL 03-13-2005 09:39 PM

WARD s is the best Wr in the game today i agree ...

BlitzburghRockCity 03-14-2005 12:49 AM

doesnt it just piss ya off though, that everytime Hines name is mentioned, its always followed by, the best blocking WR in the league !! well DUH !! we all know that, but its high time they start saying, one of the best WR's in the league period !

JerseySTEEL 03-14-2005 10:06 AM

ya bc TO would cry if he heard that lol.

ironcitychef 03-14-2005 01:40 PM

I think the rule changes are making us get separation guys at WR. As for Ward, I love that after 4 1,000 seasons and several pro bowls, he still is underrated:rolleyes: Just what kind of stats and accolades do you need to be rated?

HinesWard4Life8682 03-14-2005 04:16 PM

I love hines ward. I read articles about him, watch his games. He is unbelievable. He might not be athletic as your Randy Mosses and your Torry Holt's, but he puts twice as much effort and mind as them. He's tougher and more physical then any other reciever. He is also more reliable with the best hands in the league

Honorable mention for most underrated reciever(besides ward): Eric Moulds, Buffalo Bills