Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Braylon Edwards traded to Jets??? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=39762)

xfl2001fan 10-07-2009 07:22 AM

Braylon Edwards traded to Jets???

Being reported on Mike N Mike on ESPN Radio this morning. I missed the details of the trade...

SteelMember 10-07-2009 07:28 AM

Re: Braylon Edwards traded to Jets???

Browns cut bait...no, that wasn't the real headline, but I could have been. :chuckle:
I guess the game Mohamed Massaquoi had this past weekend made this decision a little easier.

Browns Trade Braylon Edwards to Jets
Posted Oct 07, 2009 8:14AM By Michael David Smith

In a blockbuster trade, the Cleveland Browns have traded wide receiver Braylon Edwards to the New York Jets, signaling that the Browns are in serious rebuilding mode, that the Jets are serious about winning right now.

Adam Schefter of ESPN first reported the trade. It's not yet known what the Browns are getting as compensation for Edwards, who was the third pick in the 2005 NFL draft.

The NFL is investigating whether Edwards violated the league's personal conduct policy after he was accused of punching a friend of Cleveland Cavaliers star LeBron James. It's not clear whether the incident hastened Edwards' departure from Cleveland.

Edwards is one of the most talented receivers in the NFL, and in 2007 he had what was widely regarded as his breakout year, with 80 catches for 1,289 yards and 16 touchdowns. But his numbers plummeted in 2008, and he's done next to nothing in 2009, with just 10 catches for 139 yards this season.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/10/07/b...ards-to-jets/#

Vis 10-07-2009 07:36 AM

Edwards in NYC with all the distractions it offers? This won't have a happy ending.

stlrtruck 10-07-2009 07:49 AM

This just might blow the bet I made before the season that Holmes would score more fantasy points than Edwards.

Now that Edwards will be playing with a QB and an offense that has hope, he might actually get more throws. Oh wait, my bad he's still got to catch the ball.

KeiselPower99 10-07-2009 07:53 AM

Hmm can you say Plaxico 2? Mangina is helping out the Jets alot. I feel for the Browns fans. Its only gonna be worse for them.

TackleMeBen 10-07-2009 07:54 AM

the jet fans are excited about this pick. they think he is going to be a great WR and help out sanchez.

xfl2001fan 10-07-2009 08:11 AM

To help out Sanchez, you need to give him a deep threat...and to be a deep threat, you need to catch the ball.

Good riddance to the guy.

KeiselPower99 10-07-2009 08:15 AM

Here is the details of the trade.
Trade terms: Braylon Edwards for Chansi Stuckey, Jason Trusnik and two picks thought to be a 3rd and 5th-round pick.

Looks like Mangina got more of his guys from the Jets.

The_WARDen 10-07-2009 08:24 AM

at least he'll have a year without Lebron envy...that is until 2010 when Lebron becomes a Knick.

nojobny 10-07-2009 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vis (Post 675256)
Edwards in NYC with all the distractions it offers? This won't have a happy ending.

Exactly. Though I could see Ryan b*tch slapping him upside his head if he does something stupid. :chuckle: