Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Is Brady getting LEGACY penalties? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=39764)

AllD 10-07-2009 09:02 AM

Is Brady getting LEGACY penalties?

Do you think Brady is getting favored in several penalty calls that would not be called for other QBs?

Is it a Brady or New England phenomenom?

fansince'76 10-07-2009 09:04 AM

Re: Is Brady getting LEGACY penalties?

The NFL NEEDS Tom Brady. :jerkit:

revefsreleets 10-07-2009 09:48 AM

It's based on what he was capable of when he had the benefit of knowing, thanks to his coach, the opposing defensive plays.

Now that he's playing on a level field (although still in the most QB-friendly system in the league), here's where he's ranking:

Yards: 4th
QBR: 17th (Behind Jason freaking Campbell!)
Comp %: 15th (behind Shaun Hill)

He's number 1 in completions, BUT he's also number 1 in attempts, BUT 15th in %. What does THAT tell you?

One more interesting stat: He's TWENTY EIGHTH in average yards at 6.5 per catch. All they do is dink and dunk, so why is his completion percentage so low?

X-Terminator 10-07-2009 09:55 AM

This is being discussed at length in the Ravens vs. Patriots thread, but the answer is yes, of course he is.

Gaist 10-07-2009 10:10 AM

Not at much as Trent Edwards, apparently. 4 RTP penalties have been called in favor of the Bills.

3 have been called in favor of New England, and 3 against New England.

Quote:

It's based on what he was capable of when he had the benefit of knowing, thanks to his coach, the opposing defensive plays.

Now that he's playing on a level field (although still in the most QB-friendly system in the league), here's where he's ranking:
Yep, you're right. He threw for as many as 28 touchdowns in a season thanks to "knowing the defensive plays".

Then in 2007, right after he no longer has this "advantage", he only throws for 50 touchdowns.:toofunny:

revefsreleets 10-07-2009 10:22 AM

He still had the advantage back then. I believe Belichick was still employing nefarious methods of stealing the opposing teams plays and such. The evidence shows as much. In fact, his record "pre-cheating" (which includes his first year in NE) is telling: 41-55. That is NOT a coincidence.

Fact is, I think Cassel and Brady are pretty much about equal in talent, and that is NOT a ringing endorsement of Cassels' abilities.

Dino 6 Rings 10-07-2009 11:54 AM

I would have to say after this weekend...he won't be getting any calls that other QBs do not get.

Either ALL the Refs will call woosy late hit on the QB in every single game or the integrity of the game will be in jeopardy

The Patriot 10-07-2009 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revefsreleets (Post 675366)
Fact is, I think Cassel and Brady are pretty much about equal in talent, and that is NOT a ringing endorsement of Cassels' abilities.

:toofunny: Is that a fact?

I can agree that refs make bad calls, favor Brady more that other quarterbacks, institute rules to benefit quarterbacks like Brady, and are payed by Roger Goodell exorbitant sums of money to fix games so the Patriots can win and thus minimalize the effects of Spygate, but when you say something like that...

The_WARDen 10-07-2009 12:22 PM

is there really a need to have 2 threads discussing Marsha's special treatment?

Gaist 10-07-2009 12:56 PM

Quote:

He still had the advantage back then. I believe Belichick was still employing nefarious methods of stealing the opposing teams plays and such. The evidence shows as much. In fact, his record "pre-cheating" (which includes his first year in NE) is telling: 41-55. That is NOT a coincidence.
So what you're saying is, even though the "advantage" was taken away from him, he still had the advantage anyways?:noidea: