Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Fantasy Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Help..need advice. (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=39826)

The_WARDen 10-09-2009 07:55 AM

Help..need advice.

I am in a FF league that gives 6 pts per Rush TD, 1 pt for every 20 yds rushing/receiving, and 1 pt every 2 recepts.

My current RBs are:

Marion Barber
Ryan Grant
Mendenhall
Glen Coffee
Tim Hightower

Someone just released Willie Parker. I have the #2 waiver position. Should I use my #2 waiver position to drop Coffee (who's expendable with Gore coming back) and pick up Parker which would assure me of the Steelers' starter since I would have him & Mendenhall?

PalmerSteel 10-09-2009 09:29 AM

Re: Help..need advice.

even if you didnt have mendy, i would drop coffee for parker so yes for sure.

The_WARDen 10-09-2009 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PalmerSteel (Post 676333)
even if you didnt have mendy, i would drop coffee for parker so yes for sure.

that part is no brainer...should I use my #2 waiver position to do it? I doubt Parker will clear waivers.

Nadroj 20 10-09-2009 09:57 AM

I actually would not do it.....not till after this week anyway Coffee is suppose to have a decent week against Atlanta who is in the top 10 in giving up fantasy points to running backs.....and face it parker isnt going to produce very much even when hes healthy ( and he might not play this week).....i would keep coffee for now and use him this week

PalmerSteel 10-09-2009 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_WARDen (Post 676338)
that part is no brainer...should I use my #2 waiver position to do it? I doubt Parker will clear waivers.

unless you got some magical crystal ball that you see some big time starter come out of the woodwork in the future, i dont think waiver order will mean much more than this. i would get him if i were you.

Steel_12 10-09-2009 01:22 PM

Willie Parker has been a fantasy liability for a couple of years now. Don't wast your waiver on him. Plus, Gore is always injured and IMO San Fran will use Coffee more to help Gore.

PalmerSteel 10-09-2009 01:28 PM

with parker, you are guarenteed 2 starters in grant and parker/mendy.
grant-no one even close to taking his job
hightower - passsing team and beanie lurking to break out
coffee - this is gores team
barber- inujry prone and have 2 other good rb's that will share carries.

its all opinions though man. go with your gut. :thumbsup:

The_WARDen 10-09-2009 02:10 PM

I decided to do it. Now watch....someone'll get drunk and cut Adrian Peterson next week.

:chuckle:

Galax Steeler 10-10-2009 07:02 AM

I hate to highjack this thread but I need help as well I have Mendenahll facing the Lions or should I use Jacobs against the Raiders. My other one is Petterson I will definetly start him.

PalmerSteel 10-10-2009 10:54 AM

with willie officially out, gotta ride mendy for now. raiders actually have a halfway decent defense. besides it will make the game that much more exciting playing mendy ;)