Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Falcons vs. 49ers. (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=39887)

Edman 10-11-2009 04:45 PM

Falcons vs. 49ers.

A total disaster for the Niners at home so far.

Falcons up 35-10 at Halftime.

SteelTalons 10-11-2009 05:21 PM

Re: Falcons vs. 49ers.

I think I can hear Singletary yelling from here...

Edman 10-11-2009 05:24 PM

49ers CB pick off a pass, gets stripped of the ball and loses the ball back to Atlanta. Falcons turn it into a FG.

38-10 Atlanta.

Yeah, it's been that kind of day for San Francisco.

Steel-Bryan 10-11-2009 05:27 PM

Dre bly tried to celebrate and got stripped. FAIL

RoethlisBURGHer 10-11-2009 10:33 PM

Damn, the 49ers looked horrible. WTF happened?

Hines0wnz 10-11-2009 10:53 PM

Maybe they thought this was their bye week.

Lock Down 10-11-2009 11:54 PM

A fair amount of 49er games are shown live in Australia & i ended up watching this particular game. Not sure why commentator or pundits talk as though Hill is a solid QB; very shaky and makes a lot of poor throws. Too many errors and mental mistakes for the 49ers.

RoethlisBURGHer 10-12-2009 01:02 AM

Honestly, I think the 9ers are a QB away from being elite in the NFC.

They have a very good defense. The have a very good ground attack (especially when Gore is healthy). But Hill is mediocre at best. He will have games where he looks like a second tier QB, but then he has games that shows why he is a journeyman quarterback.

And while I still think Alex Smith can be that QB, unless the 49ers go into a tailspin and Singletery needs to spark the offense by putting in Smith...it won't happen. And Smith might not be the future at the position for the team either.

Hill also is not the future. At best he is keeping the seat warm.

Edman 10-12-2009 11:09 AM

But even despite the loss to a still very good Falcons team, I still believe Singletary has them going in the right direction. They're still in decent shape at 3-2, they played Minnesota tough in their house, and they have a spunky defensive mentality.

I wouldn't be surprised if we hear San Fran making the playoffs some time down the line. The NFC West is no longer a patsy division headed by the Seasquawks.

steelreserve 10-12-2009 11:52 AM

It looked to me like the entire team just gave up after that disastrous stretch in the second quarter where the Falcons went from having the ball at their own goal line to scoring 14 points in a minute and a half. They played well enough to belong in the game for most of the first half, and then those stupid mistakes just completely deflated them.

I agree that they need a quarterback if they want to become a serious contender. Hill is OK but nothing more than that, and not the kind of guy that can really hurt you. Kind of like the Mike Tomczak of the 49ers.