Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Sports Dimension (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   College Basketball 2009-2010 (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=40756)

Nadroj 20 10-30-2009 02:59 PM

College Basketball 2009-2010
 
Im pretty pumped for college basketball, cant wait to see my pitt panthers play this year, even though they are down alot from last season.

Anyone else as excited as I am?

revefsreleets 10-30-2009 03:13 PM

Re: College Basketball 2009-2010
 
Absolutely! My Bucks will be better, and my MAC Champion Zips return every player but one, and added a 7 foot center (rated pretty highly). Loves me some college hoops! Much purer than the pro game, although it has gotten better in the last 5-10 years...

Nadroj 20 10-30-2009 03:19 PM

Re: College Basketball 2009-2010
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by revefsreleets (Post 691187)
Absolutely! My Bucks will be better, and my MAC Champion Zips return every player but one, and added a 7 foot center (rated pretty highly). Loves me some college hoops! Much purer than the pro game, although it has gotten better in the last 5-10 years...

Woah ..lol i actually follow both teams being an ohio native myself....Akrons Anthony "Humpty" Hitchens should have a good year i watched him play in the State tourneys 2 years ago and he was awesome! had a decent freshman year last year looking to be better this year im sure.

Ohio State should actually be pretty darn good, they only lost mullens (who cares?lol)

So they will have turner, lighty, diebler as the key guys back

Saw Diebler the same year in the state tourny and he can be lights out if he gets on, sometimes he as trouble finding the switch though lol

revefsreleets 10-30-2009 03:27 PM

Re: College Basketball 2009-2010
 
Humpty was named to the MAC ALL-East team...he should have a good year. The McKnight Bros. will really be the key to a great season. The Zips DESPERATELY need a "statement" victory over a marquee opponent. They'll have a few chances this year with NC State, Niagara, Texas A&M, and Valparaiso on the schedule, plus the bracket buster game.

TackleMeBen 10-31-2009 08:37 AM

Re: College Basketball 2009-2010
 
I was happy to see my Duke Blue Devils in the top 10 preseason poll. I cant wait to see them kick UNC's butt this year.

Nadroj 20 10-31-2009 08:41 AM

Re: College Basketball 2009-2010
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TackleMeBen (Post 691395)
I was happy to see my Duke Blue Devils in the top 10 preseason pole. I cant wait to see them kick UNC's butt this year.

I cant wait to watch them play next year when Seth Curry is eligible, that will be fun to watch!

Im not a Duke fan or anything lol, but i like watch any good team and if Seth is anything like is bro Steph, watch out!

TackleMeBen 10-31-2009 09:53 AM

Re: College Basketball 2009-2010
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nadroj 20 (Post 691397)
I cant wait to watch them play next year when Seth Curry is eligible, that will be fun to watch!

Im not a Duke fan or anything lol, but i like watch any good team and if Seth is anything like is bro Steph, watch out!

I am not sure how much longer coach K is going to be around coaching, so i would like to see my blue devils win one more national title for him. i much rather watch college basketball than pro basketball.

Nadroj 20 10-31-2009 01:14 PM

Re: College Basketball 2009-2010
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TackleMeBen (Post 691408)
I am not sure how much longer coach K is going to be around coaching, so i would like to see my blue devils win one more national title for him. i much rather watch college basketball than pro basketball.

Agreed and im sure many other people feel the same way.

Steelboy84 10-31-2009 02:40 PM

Re: College Basketball 2009-2010
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TackleMeBen (Post 691395)
I was happy to see my Duke Blue Devils in the top 10 preseason poll. I cant wait to see them kick UNC's butt this year.

They had a senior team in 2006 and was picked to go deep when all of UNC's stars left. LSU put them out that year.

Then a young man named Tyler Hansbrough ruined their senior night.

:tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03:

Nadroj 20 11-04-2009 09:13 PM

Re: College Basketball 2009-2010
 
Le Moyne takes out #25 Syracuse in an exhibition game last night 82-79 lol

ummm who the hell is Le Moyne you ask?

They are a Division II school in syracuse New york and they just took out the supposed #25 ranked team in the country.

I know this is an enhibition game but if you saw the highlights syracuse thought Holy sh*t we cant lose this game! and they were trying hard, toward then end. That was pretty cool to see an upset like that.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum