Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Well Wishes (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Prayers needed (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=41047)

steelpinstripe72 11-04-2009 08:19 PM

Prayers needed

OK, I'm not even sure where to start. Basically, I've been in constant pain for the past few months. It started in my abdomen and has since spread to my chest. I've been to seven doctors and not one of them has any idea. Tests have been run, have come back clean. I have CP, and therefore have a shunt. We went to my neurosurgeon because we thought the tube was caught on something. Turns out it's been disconnected for about a year. And I'm still here, which is a miracle in itself. Sidenote: the symptoms I'd be having if it were the shunt would be vomiting and headaches, neither of which I have. They actually told us that if nothing else was found, they would go in and take out the tube (but leave the valve). And it looks like that's what they're going to do. So I'm going in. Because I still feel like crap, and am getting more and more tired every day. I'm hanging in there, thanks in no small part to my friends who, even though they're still in Buffalo, 6 hours away, they're still in my corner. Prayers are much appreciated. Thanks guys :)

fansince'76 11-04-2009 08:32 PM

Re: Prayers needed

My thoughts and prayers are with you and I hope you feel better after they take the tube out. God bless.

devilsdancefloor 11-04-2009 08:44 PM

My prayers are on their way! take care let us know how things turn out!

SteelCityMom 11-04-2009 08:48 PM

Thoughts are with you here. Glad to hear things aren't as bad as they could have been, but I hope everything goes good with the doctors and I hope you're feeling better soon.

BuckeyeSteel 11-04-2009 09:18 PM

Done...

Galax Steeler 11-05-2009 04:03 AM

Thoughts and prayers.

HometownGal 12-02-2009 03:56 PM

You betcha you are in my prayers, buddy. You seem to have a very positive attitude and that will help you in your quest to feel well again, along with God's healing hands. Always remember - if He brings you to it, He will bring you through it. I am living proof of His healing powers!

Please let us know how you are doing when you feel up to it. :hug:

stlrtruck 12-03-2009 07:37 AM

Prayers for you!

It's already a blessing from God that you've went almost a year without symptoms and the shunt was disconnected.

Anticipating a good report!!!

Be Blessed, Encouraged, and Spirit Filled!

Christian Snyder 12-03-2009 07:46 AM

Prayers sent!

Shoes 12-03-2009 08:12 AM

Will intercede at the throne of Grace.