Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Is Ben ready for the next level (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=415)

BlitzburghRockCity 03-15-2005 02:12 PM

Is Ben ready for the next level

Ben had an unbelievable, record setting year..better than anyone else in History. Now, do you think he continues to build on that this year, or does he struggle alittle bit more than we'd like. Its not uncommon for a rookie to come in and play like gang busters at first..then defensive coaches start to get more film and find out more about his strenghts and weaknesses, and they struggle.

Even if he does struggle some, we've got the defense, running game and special teams to help him out and back him up. I know he's working hard to get a better handle on the offense, and reading defenses, this offseason. So here's to that paying off in a BIG WAY !

clevestinks 03-15-2005 02:16 PM

Re: Is Ben ready for the next level

yes
Ben is ready for the next level.This year he knows he`s the guy. And that we are mortgaging our future on the next couple seasons. He will take full advantage of his surrounding cast. I really think he felt bad for the Bus. He`ll get him to Detroit. And we all know, that we can take a plane, or we can take a train, but we`ll take the big old BUS

BlitzburghRockCity 03-15-2005 02:18 PM

Im with you cleve...Ben is one of those players that doesnt come around to often, and we got him. I think he's got all the tools and the mindset to go far and get us that one for the thumb.

I know how much he wanted a ring for the bus, for cowher, and of course the city and himself. He places the blame of that game on himself, and u have to admire that. Even though he didnt solely lose the game for us, it shows class to say that.

JerseySTEEL 03-15-2005 02:40 PM

YES
hehe all i gots to sya.

JerseySTEEL 03-16-2005 01:08 AM

ya the jags game was very good showed alot in that game.

ironcitychef 03-16-2005 09:56 AM

I think Ben could be ready. He will be working hard in the off season. I think the biggest things are decision making and fighting the urge to be "the man". First too many times late in the season would he throw a pick or take a sack at the wrong time. I think Ben needs to work on his mental clock and make a decision in under 3-4 seconds. Next is him wanting to improve himself by putting too much emphasis on him. Just let the backs run. Give Ward and El the ball short and let them break tackles. You don't have to make every play.

BlitzburghRockCity 03-16-2005 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerseySTEEL
ya the jags game was very good showed alot in that game.

The giants game showed me alot too. That was a close game, and he made the throws when he had too.

HinesWard4Life8682 03-17-2005 04:49 PM

The game that showed me alot was againts dallas..... jags and giants game to. He's now being called overrated because of his poor performance in the playoffs but i say
YES HE IS READY

BlitzburghRockCity 03-17-2005 06:40 PM

u cant please everyone, especially the press. they sung his praises all year, now they wanna find fault w/ him. poor play in the playoffs or not.. he still did alot of things right in the postseason too. Screw everybody, Ben is the real deal !

clevestinks 03-17-2005 07:01 PM

I just saw an advertisement for NFL total access, tonite at 8:00 p.m. they are suppose to be talking about BIG BEN