Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Regular Season game in Mexico (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=418)

BlitzburghRockCity 03-15-2005 03:38 PM

Regular Season game in Mexico

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...=afp&type=lgns

Looks like the 49ers and cards could be playing im mexico city. Man, talk about jet lag ! :rolleyes:

JerseySTEEL 03-15-2005 11:42 PM

Re: Regular Season game in Mexico

first nascar now nfl hehe.

BlitzburghRockCity 03-15-2005 11:44 PM

i know the rooney's loved going over to ireland several years ago for that preseason game. so it wouldnt surprise me to see more of this in the future, all over the world.

JerseySTEEL 03-15-2005 11:45 PM

ya did u hera the nfl guy taglibo or somthing saying, he wants games over in china .

ironcitychef 03-16-2005 09:06 AM

Am I reading this right? Move it from AZ where its "too hot" further south to Mexico City? Isn't that closer to the equator? Just call it like it is...Cards vs. 49ers would be likely to draw 10,000 early in the season. They could get 50,000 to show up in Mexico just to watch the coin toss.

BlitzburghRockCity 03-16-2005 10:20 AM

just dont drink the water :lol:

clevestinks 03-16-2005 01:58 PM

Not to offend anyone, but I`m against it. This is the National Football League, evryone worried about terrorism and everything. Fans deserve to see their games at home. We don`t need a Mexican fan base. Football there is soccer. Stay North of the border.

madrax 03-16-2005 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clevestinks
Not to offend anyone, but I`m against it. This is the National Football League, evryone worried about terrorism and everything. Fans deserve to see their games at home. We don`t need a Mexican fan base. Football there is soccer. Stay North of the border.

Well I live in Mexico City, the stadium where this game will be played is a half hour from my house and a couple things:

1) In the autumn, it's hotter in Arizona than in Mexico City. In fact, it might be raining on gameday.

2) There's no terrorism in Mexico. Get your facts straight; there's more terrorism in the US than in Mexico.

3) Jet lag is a non-issue; it's a 5 hour flight from SF and a 4 hour flight from Phoenix, plus Mexico City is in the Central time zone.

4) Not all Mexicans are into soccer. I was born and raised here and have been a diehard Steelers fan for 30 years.

5) There is already a HUGE Mexican fan base, especially for the Steelers, Cowboys and Raiders.

6) The stadium here holds over 100,000 people; when the Steelers played the Colts in a preseason game a few years back, it was the single largest attendance for an NFL game. The damn cardinals can barely get butts in the stadium; you think they're gonna turn down the opportunity to make bank on 100,000 people?

Just a few thoughts.

clevestinks 03-16-2005 05:26 PM

My point wasn`t that there is more terrorism in Mexico, my point is we are able to protect our own more here than anywhere else. So shove your facts. Like I said it wasn`t meant to offend anyone. It was my opinion. I thought we were allowed that.

madrax 03-16-2005 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clevestinks
My point wasn`t that there is more terrorism in Mexico, my point is we are able to protect our own more here than anywhere else. So shove your facts. Like I said it wasn`t meant to offend anyone. It was my opinion. I thought we were allowed that.

Again... protect them from WHAT? There is no danger in them coming down to Mexico, at least no more danger than anywhere in the US. And then you say you don't mean to offend, but you tell me to "shove" my facts? Whatever, dude. Stay in your own little american-centric xenophobic flag-waving little world, man.