Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NCAA Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Anyone else find themselves rooting for Iowa? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=41864)

Merchant 11-14-2009 07:52 PM

Anyone else find themselves rooting for Iowa?

...Just because their uniforms look so similar to Pittsburgh's? LOL i was watching the Iowa/Ohio State game today and I don't really care for either team but I just found myself rooting for Iowa.. they just look SO SIMILAR. Haha.. but Iowa lost. in OT.. which wouldn't have happened to the Steelers :tt03:

stillers4me 11-14-2009 08:35 PM

Re: Anyone else find themselves rooting for Iowa?

We noticed that, too. I said, hey! they stole our jerseys!

SteelCityMan786 11-14-2009 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stillers4me (Post 701280)
We noticed that, too. I said, hey! they stole our jerseys!

Of the 70s at least.

Nadroj 20 11-14-2009 09:12 PM

Wasnt cheering for iowa being an ohio state fan lol, but nice jerseys yes

xfl2001fan 11-14-2009 09:20 PM

Jersey colors is all the more reason for rooting for OSU in this one...

Hotrodder07 11-14-2009 10:57 PM

I'm pretty sure that back in the late 70s, they decided to get new uniforms, and they got permission from Art Rooney and the Steelers to use theirs. I heard the coach said "If we want to act like winners, we have to look like winners." Don't know if it's true, but that's what a friend of mine told me.

Pretty flattering. :tt02:

Texasteel 11-15-2009 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hotrodder07 (Post 701324)
I'm pretty sure that back in the late 70s, they decided to get new uniforms, and they got permission from Art Rooney and the Steelers to use theirs. I heard the coach said "If we want to act like winners, we have to look like winners." Don't know if it's true, but that's what a friend of mine told me.

Pretty flattering. :tt02:

That is exactly right. The first thing coach Hayden Fry did when he got to Iowa was change the uniforms, and paint the visitors locker room pink. He did ask permission from The Chief, and graciously got it. From that day the Hawkeye's and the Steelers history has been a part of each others.:tt04::tt04:

We might have done better if we had not lost our starting QB the last game, but all and all I am real happy with this year.