Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NCAA Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   The Penn State Thread... (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=424)

BB2W 03-15-2005 08:12 PM

The Penn State Thread...

I am a big Penn State football fan. I always have been......kinda strange since I was born in Mich and grew up in Ohio. I know they are not very good, but I still watch every game. I hope they can turn things around.

If anyone ever wants to chat PSU football.........holla

HinesWard4Life8682 03-15-2005 10:08 PM

Re: Any Penn State fans here?

im a michigan fan for life. i loveeee them. Braylon Edwards this year baby.

clevestinks 03-16-2005 06:29 PM

Penn State here. Also Pitt though

BlitzburghRockCity 03-16-2005 09:40 PM

Have about 5 PSU campus' within 2 hours of my house..so yeah, im in PSU country

ironcitychef 03-17-2005 12:31 AM

I'm a Pitt fan myself, but I wanted to ask you as a fan, do you think Joe Pa should a) be fired, b) retire, or c) be able to coach until physically unable? Just wondering because I thought it was bad when Pitt started beating you all, and we were not good yet. I'd love for Happy Valley to be just that again.

BB2W 03-17-2005 01:36 AM

Joe Pa

I think it is sad that Paterno could not end his carrer on top. I am not sure why they are not an elite football program anymore. I dont think Joe Pa is to blame.......he is a statue. He does not call the plays.

I do think play calling is far to conservative, but the last 4 bad seasons can all be blamed on Zack Mills. He is the worst QB I have ever seen play. He was on some teams with great defenses.

I am not sure that todays athlete or recruit identifies with Paterno, and they dont seem to respond.

He always lets upper-classmen play and is more concerned with graduation rate than win loss record and tha NCAA needs more people like that.

I will miss him when he's gone, but I look forward to him stepping down and I think that should be whenever he is ready.

HinesWard4Life8682 03-20-2005 09:23 PM

GOOOOOOOO MICHIGAN lol

clevestinks 03-21-2005 06:27 AM

Hines you`ll have to take it to the Blastfurnace for the Penn Mich game. I know we suck lately.

clevestinks 03-21-2005 06:28 AM

I vote for Joe Pa to step down on his own, I thought that would be the respectable thing to do. But time is runnung out, our football program is sinking fast, we need a change now.

BlitzburghRockCity 03-21-2005 08:52 AM

I second that motion. The man is just letting his legacy get alittle more tarnished, for lack of a better term. the guy is first class all the way, and I have nothing but respect for him. no denying he's one of the best of all time in NCAA history. But man joepa, just go ahead and rest, relax, and enjoy the family for the other 6 months out of the year too for a change.