Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Steelers SuperBowl Champions Parade. (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=4298)

axlbundy 01-25-2006 02:17 PM

Steelers SuperBowl Champions Parade.

I don't want to put the cart before the horse, but I am a die hard Steelers fan living in Los Angeles and I need to make my travel arrangements ASAP. I have been looking all over the web and I can not find any dates for a champions parade/rally after we win the superbowl. I know typically most cities have had their parade on the Tuesday following the superbowl. Can anyone help me out and confirm a date or place? I am assuming point state park if I can remember back the the Penguins stanley cup years.

Thanks in advance
Joe

Koopa 01-25-2006 02:21 PM

Re: Steelers SuperBowl Champions Parade.

mayne, do not get ahead of yo self, don't make any plans until the game clock strikes 0.00

axlbundy 01-25-2006 02:32 PM

Believe me I know anything can happend...as we saw against the colts, but It is cheaper to book the flight now, and I can always cancel IF we don't win.

3 to be 4 01-25-2006 06:18 PM

take it from me, if you go, go to the beginning of the parade,not the end!
its tempting to be near where the actual rally is, but what'll happen is you end up in a crowd of a million with 2 toilets and you dont hear anything and its like a kind of hell trying to get out alive.
at the beginning you actually get up real close and can actually make eye contact with the players as they go by. much more personal. then after they go by you can do whatever you want in the celebrating city as there should be screens up everywhere showing the parade. go to a bar and watch too.
just my experience from 4 championship parades in the last 48 months.

tony hipchest 01-25-2006 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3 to be 4
take it from me, if you go, go to the beginning of the parade,not the end!
its tempting to be near where the actual rally is, but what'll happen is you end up in a crowd of a million with 2 toilets and you dont hear anything and its like a kind of hell trying to get out alive.
at the beginning you actually get up real close and can actually make eye contact with the players as they go by. much more personal. then after they go by you can do whatever you want in the celebrating city as there should be screens up everywhere showing the parade. go to a bar and watch too.
just my experience from 4 championship parades in the last 48 months.

damn and you didnt get hit with no rubber bullets?:rofl: lol. just messing around.

cool to be travelling cross country for the rally and parade. i have family in pitt and your post almost got me wanting to make a suprise trip. of family there would give me the liberty to go, win or lose and show the support and enjoy the festivities and have a place3 to stay and family to visit. i say book the trip and go either way!

clevestinks 01-25-2006 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axlbundy
I don't want to put the cart before the horse, but I am a die hard Steelers fan living in Los Angeles and I need to make my travel arrangements ASAP. I have been looking all over the web and I can not find any dates for a champions parade/rally after we win the superbowl. I know typically most cities have had their parade on the Tuesday following the superbowl. Can anyone help me out and confirm a date or place? I am assuming point state park if I can remember back the the Penguins stanley cup years.

Thanks in advance
Joe

I`m glad someone asked before me. I took off from work Mon thru Wed. But I am waiting to see whne and if! I know its coming. I will not miss a parade!

StillerPaul 01-25-2006 08:46 PM

I plan on driving down there first thing monday morning reguardless if we win or lose. Going to support my STEELERS and thank them for giving me a GREAT Season!!!!!!!!!

3 to be 4 01-25-2006 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest
damn and you didnt get hit with no rubber bullets?:rofl: lol. just messing around.

cool to be travelling cross country for the rally and parade. i have family in pitt and your post almost got me wanting to make a suprise trip. of family there would give me the liberty to go, win or lose and show the support and enjoy the festivities and have a place3 to stay and family to visit. i say book the trip and go either way!

its a memory you'll always cherish. Before SB 36 i asked/told my boss that FRiday that if the Patriots won nobody would be seeing me on monday as I knew id be up all night. I just had a feeling that it would be the year. After Vinatieri's kick was good I went to an almost unbelieving shock, followed by the joy of knowing my sports watching life would never be the same. I drove from my sisters house in Amherst,NH, turned on WEEI to listen to my boys coverage of the game and the joyous phonecallers, and drove all the way to Foxborough. I had no reason why, I just felt i had to go by the Stadium. All I ended up doing when I got there was honk the horn and scream out the window from Route 1. I got home at 1:30, put my VHS tape back in and watch the rest of the local and ESPN coverage the rest of the night. I just kept wanted to see the graphics "New England Patriots:World Champions" over and over and over. All night images of all the years i watched them came flooding back, the Plunkett years, the Grogan years, being at parties where nobody else was a sports fan but i needed the tv on to see if we could beat the Seahawks and stay alive for that wild card berth (1983....no), the 1985 SB run, the awful late 80's-early 90's period ( Zolak beats the Colts for on of 2 wins in 1992), finally the Kraft/Parcells/Bledsoe stretch, thru the Carroll years, and now this, and wouldnt my Dad have loved this. All next day people were happier, the newspapers were gold, and the coverage of the team coming back fronm New Orleans was surreal.
Because i took monday off I had to work on Tuesday, parade day, but i took a long lunch and hopped the train to Copley Square where the parade started. I got to see them up close. I got to look Belichick in the eye and yell thank you, Brady too. And see that trophy. the trophy i had only seen on TV and on NFL films, with folks like Art Rooney holding it. I had been a Celtics fan during the Bird years when they won me 3 titles.
But this was 100 times the thrill. I always knew the first time either the Red Sox or Patriots won a championship my sports fan life would pass from black 'n white to color.
And it did. 2003 was great. It was like a validation of 2002. 2004 was great too. The Red Sox winning the World Series, especially beating the Yankees, was amazing. But for me, none of it will compare to Super Bowl 36. Even having Paul McCartney and U2 there.
(Beatles and U2 are my #1 and #2 bands of all time). It was perfect. And like John Madden says. It never goes away and nobody can take it from you.

I hope very much you guys get to experience all this in 11 days. Savor this time. take it all in. But the second thing Madden says (hes an idiot about everything else, but these 2 sayings of his are so true), the biggest gap in sports is winning and losing the Super Bowl.
getting there, like the '95 Steelers and '96 Patriots, is a nice season, but what happens when you win is passing a threshold I truly hope you get to partake of. Go crazy and know it lasts a lifetime.

steelersgirl86 01-25-2006 09:29 PM

good clevestinks...you find out because I want to go with you....

Da'Burgh 01-25-2006 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3 to be 4
its a memory you'll always cherish. Before SB 36 i asked/told my boss that FRiday that if the Patriots won nobody would be seeing me on monday as I knew id be up all night. I just had a feeling that it would be the year. After Vinatieri's kick was good I went to an almost unbelieving shock, followed by the joy of knowing my sports watching life would never be the same. I drove from my sisters house in Amherst,NH, turned on WEEI to listen to my boys coverage of the game and the joyous phonecallers, and drove all the way to Foxborough. I had no reason why, I just felt i had to go by the Stadium. All I ended up doing when I got there was honk the horn and scream out the window from Route 1. I got home at 1:30, put my VHS tape back in and watch the rest of the local and ESPN coverage the rest of the night. I just kept wanted to see the graphics "New England Patriots:World Champions" over and over and over. All night images of all the years i watched them came flooding back, the Plunkett years, the Grogan years, being at parties where nobody else was a sports fan but i needed the tv on to see if we could beat the Seahawks and stay alive for that wild card berth (1983....no), the 1985 SB run, the awful late 80's-early 90's period ( Zolak beats the Colts for on of 2 wins in 1992), finally the Kraft/Parcells/Bledsoe stretch, thru the Carroll years, and now this, and wouldnt my Dad have loved this. All next day people were happier, the newspapers were gold, and the coverage of the team coming back fronm New Orleans was surreal.
Because i took monday off I had to work on Tuesday, parade day, but i took a long lunch and hopped the train to Copley Square where the parade started. I got to see them up close. I got to look Belichick in the eye and yell thank you, Brady too. And see that trophy. the trophy i had only seen on TV and on NFL films, with folks like Art Rooney holding it. I had been a Celtics fan during the Bird years when they won me 3 titles.
But this was 100 times the thrill. I always knew the first time either the Red Sox or Patriots won a championship my sports fan life would pass from black 'n white to color.
And it did. 2003 was great. It was like a validation of 2002. 2004 was great too. The Red Sox winning the World Series, especially beating the Yankees, was amazing. But for me, none of it will compare to Super Bowl 36. Even having Paul McCartney and U2 there.
(Beatles and U2 are my #1 and #2 bands of all time). It was perfect. And like John Madden says. It never goes away and nobody can take it from you.

I hope very much you guys get to experience all this in 11 days. Savor this time. take it all in. But the second thing Madden says (hes an idiot about everything else, but these 2 sayings of his are so true), the biggest gap in sports is winning and losing the Super Bowl.
getting there, like the '95 Steelers and '96 Patriots, is a nice season, but what happens when you win is passing a threshold I truly hope you get to partake of. Go crazy and know it lasts a lifetime.

Wow, such a huge Boston fan, but you spend a lot of time here in the Steelers forum...

..not to say you aren't welcome...just I dunno.