Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Art Gallery (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   ? for the sig makers... (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=43315)

stillers4me 12-02-2009 09:03 AM

? for the sig makers...

What program do you use?

Christian Snyder 12-02-2009 09:34 AM

Re: ? for the sig makers...

First of all, I'm NOT a sig maker. But I do know that some people use Paintshop to make sigs. At least that's what they used on the WW2 forums I belong to.:grin:

stillers4me 12-02-2009 09:59 AM

Does anyone know if Photoshop can do it?

Nadroj 20 12-02-2009 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stillers4me (Post 717017)
Does anyone know if Photoshop can do it?

I think so, i dont make sigs but im pretty sure ive heard thats what some people use.

stillers4me 12-02-2009 10:04 AM

Right now they are both on sale for the holidays but one is more expensive than the other. Photo shop is available with alot of support. I would like to have both photo editing ability and learn to make my own sigs.

Any opinions from experienced users would be greatly appreciated.

T.Richardson 12-02-2009 02:05 PM

Adobe Photoshop is what the majority uses. I know some people that use Gimp.

stillers4me 12-02-2009 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.Richardson (Post 717209)
Adobe Photoshop is what the majority uses. I know some people that use Gimp.

Thank you. Photoshop is a little more expensive, but the plus version comes with alot of tutorials and support.

Can I get by with Photoshop Elements 8? Will it do the sigs?

HometownGal 12-02-2009 05:02 PM

I have a pretty creative mind, though I've never been artistic. I can't even draw a stick man. :chuckle: However, I've always wanted Photoshop and am hoping Santa is good to me this year! :hope:

stillers4me 12-02-2009 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HometownGal (Post 717334)
I have a pretty creative mind, though I've never been artistic. I can't even draw a stick man. :chuckle: However, I've always wanted Photoshop and am hoping Santa is good to me this year! :hope:

I may download the trial version after Christmas when I'll have more time to check it out. I have Print Artist and I can do some neat stuff with it....but it's not as sophisticated as Photoshop. I did that picture of Chad Ochoasshole and the donkey from Shrek with it. It's pretty primitive and I've always want to try the real thing.

Photoshop has a $20 rebate online thru March.

T.Richardson 12-02-2009 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stillers4me (Post 717300)
Thank you. Photoshop is a little more expensive, but the plus version comes with alot of tutorials and support.

Can I get by with Photoshop Elements 8? Will it do the sigs?

Yep it will do sigs. The tutorials will teach you how to do sigs, so thats a plus.

But there is Gimp which is free btw, but its not as good as photoshop, though I have seen other peoples sigs using Gimp, and they are surprisingly good,...but its up to you.

Here's the site to Gimp if your interested.