Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Draft (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   2006 Draft (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=4402)

plark 01-27-2006 11:58 AM

2006 Draft

Who do you think the steelers will pick up in the next draft?

BlackNGold203 01-27-2006 12:06 PM

Re: 2006 Draft

LOL...let me get through the Super Bowl first...LOL

Brady12 01-27-2006 12:09 PM

Just so you know, 7 + 86 x 43 = 3999. But I guess if we want, we can round up to 40, and that = Super Bowl 40.. How that worked out is crazy!

Anyways, where will the Steelers draft, 31 or 32? I can't think of anyone who will be there right now, maybe they will take... Antonio Cromartie? If he's around. I really have no idea..

plark 01-27-2006 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brady12
Just so you know, 7 + 86 x 43 = 3999. But I guess if we want, we can round up to 40, and that = Super Bowl 40.. How that worked out is crazy!

Anyways, where will the Steelers draft, 31 or 32? I can't think of anyone who will be there right now, maybe they will take... Antonio Cromartie? If he's around. I really have no idea..

You acutally took time out of your schedule to figure out what 7 + 86 x 43 is?

Dook 01-27-2006 01:24 PM

I rank the needs in this order:

#1 WR
Randel El is likely gone. Hines is still the #1 WR with Wilson as our #2. Quincy Morgan or Nate Washington should compete for the slot and #3 WR spot but I'd love to see us get Martin Nance or Hank Baskett so we can begin developing for the future. Also, what if Hines gets hurt?

#2 RB
Duce may be gone but I think we give him a chance next year to see if he can produce and we still have Willie Parker. Verron is probably never going to be more than a #3 so I'd like to see us get another big back like Cedric Hume if he's available.

#3 OL
Hartings may or may not retire. He's still capable but he will need to restructure if he stays because his $7m isn't going to allow us to pay others. His backup, Kemo, may get the start but I would get the best talent available.

#4 LB
I just don't think the talent available is better than what we have but we need to look for added depth. Porter gets $5m next year and we just can't keep paying him that kind of money. I really think that we will have no choice but to let him go after next year.

#5 QB
Need a #3.

nu4everfan15 01-27-2006 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dook
I rank the needs in this order:

#1 WR
Randel El is likely gone. Hines is still the #1 WR with Wilson as our #2. Quincy Morgan or Nate Washington should compete for the slot and #3 WR spot but I'd love to see us get Martin Nance or Hank Baskett so we can begin developing for the future. Also, what if Hines gets hurt?

#2 RB
Duce may be gone but I think we give him a chance next year to see if he can produce and we still have Willie Parker. Verron is probably never going to be more than a #3 so I'd like to see us get another big back like Cedric Hume if he's available.

#3 OL
Hartings may or may not retire. He's still capable but he will need to restructure if he stays because his $7m isn't going to allow us to pay others. His backup, Kemo, may get the start but I would get the best talent available.

#4 LB
I just don't think the talent available is better than what we have but we need to look for added depth. Porter gets $5m next year and we just can't keep paying him that kind of money. I really think that we will have no choice but to let him go after next year.

#5 QB
Need a #3.

i pretty much agree... these are the players i like for the steelers at those positions...

WR- Mike Hass- Oregon State, Steve Breaston, Michigan (what a returner... simply said, he could take place of Randle El easily)
RB- DonTrell Moore, New Mexico, Wali Lundy, Virginia (he's a scorer)
OL- Donovan Raiola C Wisconsin, Greg Eslinger C Minnesota, Matt Lentz G Michigan, Ryan O'Callaghan T Cal
LB- DeMeco Ryans Bama, Nick Reid Kansas, Will Derting Wash st.
QB- Kellen Clemens Oregon, Brodie Croyle Bama, Bruce Gradkowski Toledo

SteelerDan43 01-27-2006 02:24 PM

Demarco Ryans is the second rated outside linebacker, no way the Steelers have a shot at him...

nu4everfan15 01-27-2006 02:33 PM

i think they def do... because i dont see alot of teams out there that will go for him, because he is not as fast to the ball like some of the other lb's and he is bigger... almost inside lb size... plus i have a feelin his times arent goin to be crazy so some teams might be alil hesitant, so he could drop... if u noticed if ne1 was watchin ne of the senior bowl practices on espn the past week... u heard alot about aj hawk, chad greenway, but not a whole lot of Ryans... and i like it that way cause he is a playmaker, that could fall just becuase he isnt noticed and because the combine hasnt happened just yet

SteelerDan43 01-27-2006 02:37 PM

I dont see us taking another linebacker in the 1st round and I dont think he will be there at the last pick in the second round... I would much rather see a wide reciever or a running back taken in the first

RoethlisBURGHer 01-27-2006 02:38 PM

No clue,but picking 31st or 32nd makes it tough to really get the big names.If we could trade up,I'd love to get LenDale White from USC,he's the type of runner The Bus was back in the day...if there isn't a hole,make your own and rumble 25-30 yards downfield.