Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Sports Dimension (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The MMA Thread (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=44304)

UltimateBengal 12-12-2009 02:57 PM

The MMA Thread

Who are your favorite MMA fighters? Who do you think is the best pound for pound fighter in the world right now?

My favorites:

Anderson Silva
Fedor Emelianenko
Lyoto Machida

For my money the Spider is by far the best in the world. Best striker, best on his back, best in fight adjustments.:thumbsup:

I would love to see Fedor in the UFC, but it's looking less and less like it's ever going to happen.

UltimateBengal 12-12-2009 03:45 PM

Re: The MMA Thread

Anyone heard if Lesnar is gonna fight again?

Nadroj 20 12-12-2009 05:21 PM

Urijah Faber

steelergirl07 12-13-2009 01:42 AM

I think Lesnar will fight again, just not anytime soon. I figure they're going to have fights to determine the interim champ soon.

My fave fighters are BJ Penn & Robbie Lawler.

I think P4P best fighters are probably Fedor & BJ. BJ at LHW is unstoppable, and I haven't seen anyone come close to taking out Fedor.

I liked tonights card. Only one fight went to decision on the main card. And BJ f'd up Diego, loved it!!!

lambertlunaticfan 12-13-2009 04:13 AM

My brother went to high school with and was on the wrestling team with the "muscle shark" sean sherk.So he would have to be one of my favorites as he is from what was my hometown.And from my home state as so is another one of my favorites- brock lesnar.So i guess i am a homer.Me and my brother just met brock at a signing he did right after he "ktfo" frank mirs.And he was really nice and talked to both me and him.And even though the rules said he would not personalized he had no problem with doing it when i asked him.I am sad to hear what has happen to him as i think he could be champ for awhile as there is noone in the ufc right now that could beat him.Even if he cant fight anymore i just hope he gets better.It was big news here in minnesota but have not heard anything more about it.And sherk has not been the same fighter since blow job penn beat him.And my all time favorite is none other than the "huntington beach bad boy" himself-tito ortiz.And i am not just saying that because i happen to be friends with his wife.As he has been my favorite long before they met.I have liked him ever since i first saw him fight.Which was years ago.I love seeing him back but he sure ran out of gas in that first fight back vs forrest "the puching bag" griffen.And now tito is fighting liddell again.Like anyone needs to see a 3rd fight in that series.Just like i hope they don'nt do a 3rd griffen fight with tito.:doh:

Northside Jonny 02-24-2010 07:11 PM

Pound 4 pound it is no question it's Anderson. If Fedor would come to the UFC and dominate I might lean his way.

Favorite fighter of all time. MATT HUGHES

UltimateBengal 02-28-2010 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Northside Jonny (Post 775818)
Pound 4 pound it is no question it's Anderson. If Fedor would come to the UFC and dominate I might lean his way.

Favorite fighter of all time. MATT HUGHES

I really liked Hughes too. He was just a tough, no nonsense sob! I hope Fedor will come to the UFC eventually.