Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Mvp? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=448)

HinesWard4Life8682 03-19-2005 10:48 PM

Mvp?

Does Peyton win mvp again?

it will sure suck if he does

BlitzburghRockCity 03-20-2005 12:16 AM

Re: Mvp?

as long as he's in the offense, there's no reason to think he wont at this point. He's got 3 great WR's..a great RB, good TE and a decent OL.

clevestinks 03-20-2005 07:37 AM

I`m hoping its not Peyton, but blitz is right he has all the tools, and the wide open offense, You would think Dungy would want to run more, and keep that pathetic defense off the field. I don`t understand thier huury up and score offense, with that type of defense.??

Lets hope Big Ben is in the running for MVP, we get a trip to Detroit this year and he`ll be in the running

ironcitychef 03-20-2005 11:26 AM

Alright, I'll go out on a limb...I'm going to throw Priest back in the mix. I think they are serious about getting some kind of help on defense, and since passing stats were the reage last year, I'll gamble and sya rushing numbers count this year. So Priest can throw up some gawky numbers.

BlitzburghRockCity 03-20-2005 11:55 AM

Dont forget tomlinson out in san diego either..although depending on what kinda year brees has, that could overshadow his importance to that team.. but I'll put money on this though..if they did not have a player like LT on the chargers..brees doesnt have any kind year even remotely close to what he had in 2004.

And w/ the chiefs..they've got a dilemman w/ what to do w/ larry johnson..the guys a playmaker and sooner or later they're gonna have to get rid of him or he's gonna leave the first chance he gets.. unless it becomes more of a scenario like Faulk/Jackon in st. louis, where he bides his time and then finally takes over, like this year. kinda of the heir apparent type deal. The only thing about priest is, he's an AWESOME back, but he's been hurt in recent years, and isnt gettting younger.

HinesWard4Life8682 03-20-2005 12:53 PM

yeah but its kinda hard for a RB to win MVP. Barry was the last one to do it and he shared it with Favre and Barry was probably the best running back to ever live (couldve shattered the record if he didnt retire at 30).

Brownskikass 03-20-2005 10:32 PM

Hands down, Trent Dilfer...

No, Peyton Manning is a modern day Dan Marino, he'll win the MVP again but I doubt he'll ever win a SB...If only that man had a defense...

BlitzburghRockCity 03-21-2005 12:32 AM

Trent Dilfer :toofunny:

That man can get out of his own way, and only got a SB in balt. becuz of the defense, ST, and the running game. Here Trent, go play QB, and just dont lose the game for us. :blurp:

JerseySTEEL 03-23-2005 07:13 PM

big ben gets the mvp this year and a SB ring hehe

Brownskikass 03-27-2005 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity
Trent Dilfer :toofunny:

That man can get out of his own way, and only got a SB in balt. becuz of the defense, ST, and the running game. Here Trent, go play QB, and just dont lose the game for us. :blurp:

I was kidding lol