Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NCAA Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Bowl Game Thread (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=45327)

OneForTheToe 12-26-2009 05:17 PM

Bowl Game Thread

Great time of year. It would be better if these bowls led to a true champion, but I enjoy them for what they are. If I don't have a horse in the race, I usually root for the upset - especially if the team is from a non BSC conference.

Right now watching Pitt and NC in the Meineke Car Bowl. Go Pitt. So far it has been a pretty traditional Pitt game. Too many missed opportunities for Pitt. Thank god for NC making some bone head plays.

Tonight will be rooting for BC to beat USC.

Edited to add: Sorry, didn't see the other thread.

OneForTheToe 12-26-2009 05:27 PM

Re: Bowl Game Thread

Pitt should be winning this game.

Nadroj 20 12-26-2009 05:29 PM

I really like Pitt's RB, ive said on here before i think Lewis has the talent to win the heisman eventually.

OneForTheToe 12-26-2009 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nadroj 20 (Post 740665)
I really like Pitt's RB, ive said on here before i think Lewis has the talent to win the heisman eventually.

I agree. He is getting a great deal of press already, which is important.

steelersfanman92 12-26-2009 06:06 PM

I think Lewis should have been in the heisman talk this year, I'm not saying he deserved to win it, but I think he could have been a finalist.

OneForTheToe 12-26-2009 06:43 PM

Pitts only weakness really is their secondary. If they had a decent one they would be in a BCS Bowl. If they lose this game that will probably be their undoing.

OneForTheToe 12-26-2009 06:57 PM

Just announced that UUUUUUUrban Meyer is steppig down. Wonder what that is about? If it is not an NFL job, or personal issue, then I'd say an major NCAA investigation is in the offing.

Edit to add: Sounds like a health issue possibly. Best wishes for a recovery if that is the case.

On another note, Pitt is starting to leak oil.

OneForTheToe 12-26-2009 07:26 PM

Wow, offsides NC on a FG attrempt. Could be the game.

Congrats to Pitt.

Go BC.

Nadroj 20 12-26-2009 10:54 PM

USC just scored on BC after a long pass got them inside the 5 one play after BC threw a pick, went from driving down the field making a comeback to letting the other team score in a blink of an eye.....that sucks

OneForTheToe 12-26-2009 11:32 PM

Oh well, I figured USC would win. At least it wasn't big Bowl.