Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   ? for all Steeler fans (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=4547)

iuprell67 01-30-2006 08:30 AM

? for all Steeler fans

Are you really worried about this game at all? To be honest with you I am not.

bangpow 01-30-2006 08:37 AM

Re: ? for all Steeler fans

Yes, I am.

Don't get ****y!

Carolina's defense was no slouch and the Seahawks had no problems putting up points. Their defense might be a bit small, but they are fast, athletic, and they make plays. And i have no idea why people discount Hasselbeck, he's a damn good QB and he can be dangerous. Shaun Alexander, 'nuff said. Plus, the last time i checked, the Steelers still couldn't cover the deep ball very well.

83-Steelers-43 01-30-2006 08:39 AM

Any given Sunday. Sure I'm nervous, It's the Super Bowl and we are playing a damn good football team. There's a reason why they are in the Super Bowl. With that being said, I still feel the Steelers will win on Sunday but I don't feel it will be a blow out. It will be a close and tough game in my opinion. There's a reason why these two teams are in the Super Bowl.....because they are the best of the best.

jbone19 01-30-2006 08:40 AM

I'm not worried at all. I was a little worried before the Denver game, but the way the Steelers just dominated them gives me a lot more confidence. I don't think a lot of people realize how good the Steelers really are. I truly think this will be a lop sided game.

83-Steelers-43 01-30-2006 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbone19
I don't think a lot of people realize how good the Steelers really are.

I think we realize how good we are, but we also realize how good the Seahawks are as a team. Once again, both teams are in the Super Bowl. This is not a playoff game that proves who deserves to be in the Super Bowl.

Maybe I've learned over the years while sitting in my seat inside Three Rivers and Heinz after a couple of playoff losses (when thinking we were the best team in the NFL) that nothing is a given in the NFL. The feeling of total let down and despair. The cold walk back to my car from my seats after a playoff loss. Maybe that is what's stopping me from stating "we are going to roll over them"?

Hopefully your correct and it is a blow out. It would put a few years back on my life span, that's for damn sure.

bangpow 01-30-2006 08:48 AM

I remember when the Steelers played the Patriots they year the Pats won their first SB. I was in town for the AFC Championship game and watched the game at Philthy McNasty's. Well, on our way downtown, the radio hosts were already talking as if the Steelers won the game and the Patsies were going to be pushovers. I got a bit worried about that and all the overconfidence of Steeler fans. And we know what happened in that game.

Needless to say, I'm starting to get that feeling again.

Prosdo 01-30-2006 08:49 AM

I'm confident in the Steelers, but I'm not going to underestimate the Seahawks. I don't think you ever underestimate a team in the playoffs. They are here for a reason and you can't take that away from them.

FisherMOM 01-30-2006 09:25 AM

I believe that the Steelers have a GREAT TEAM working this year! Absolutely Great!

BUT... in football.. anyone can have a bad day. I am always nervous for the games...
ok, except when we play the Browns.

dibdeb2 01-30-2006 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FisherMOM
I believe that the Steelers have a GREAT TEAM working this year! Absolutely Great!

BUT... in football.. anyone can have a bad day. I am always nervous for the games...
ok, except when we play the Browns.

Sooo True!!!! Anything CAN happen- so keeping my lucky charms in place!!!

:sign03:

luvmysteelers 01-30-2006 10:18 AM

I believe that we have the better team, and that its going to be a great game. But I'm not going to be complacent, because it IS the superbowl and both teams are here for a reason. I'm always nervous, and this weekend won't be any different than normal.

GO STEELERS!