Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Fans United (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Big Island Hawaii (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=4553)

myronmyman 01-30-2006 11:57 AM

Big Island Hawaii

Hi - I have heard about the legendary Hawaii fan club that meets at Dave & Busters in Honalulu...problem is I will be on the Kohala Coast near Kona for Super Bowl Sunday...the Ocean's Sports Bar Alii Drive Kailua-Kona, HI is said to be a Steeler fan hangout? Is this true? Or is it just a sports bar? I've heard Lulu's is a great place...any help will be appreciated

Myron rules!

BlackNGold203 01-30-2006 12:02 PM

Re: Big Island Hawaii

I dont know for sure...I better fly to Hawaii to scope it out for you...

Hehehehe

Haiku_Dirtt 01-30-2006 01:05 PM

I was told by a member who now lives on Maui that the Hawaiian Fan Club had to switch locations twice now. The new location has slipped my mind but I'll ask him again.

The Lulu's on Maui is not the place to watch the Steelers. THE BAD: The food is inconsistent. It's a bit swanky and the staff seems to think highly of themselves - more social spot than sports bar. THE GOOD: The hotties usually show up. The Lulu's theme carries over from location to location so I'd expect the same in Kona. But if a TV and a beer are your only expectations, then you'll get that at Lulu's.

On Maui, hands down THE place to watch the Steelers (really any and all sports) is The Sports Page on South Kihei Road in Kihei. THE BAD: During big games it will be packed. THE GOOD: The burgers are good and fairly priced. The staff is down to earth. You might be sitting next to the owner but you'd never know it. And Steeler Country has had a stronghold there for years. (Of course the 2005-2006 BANDWAGON known as the Seattle Seahawks have been well represented these last few weeks. What a shock. It used to be the Raiders...but since they s..k, the black jerseys have been cast aside for blue ones.)

Hope this helps.

clevestinks 01-30-2006 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myronmyman
Hi - I have heard about the legendary Hawaii fan club that meets at Dave & Busters in Honalulu...problem is I will be on the Kohala Coast near Kona for Super Bowl Sunday...the Ocean's Sports Bar Alii Drive Kailua-Kona, HI is said to be a Steeler fan hangout? Is this true? Or is it just a sports bar? I've heard Lulu's is a great place...any help will be appreciated

Myron rules!

I thought they met at All Star Sports Cafe in Honululu?

Mamaduck43 01-30-2006 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clevestinks
I thought they met at All Star Sports Cafe in Honululu?

They have moved - - - they are now at D&B..... http://www.hawaiisteelheads.com/

I haven't checked them out - - I go to The Shack in Kailua when I can't get the game on TV, but will be heading into town next season.....

I have my routine all set up for Sunday here at home - - I have done the exact same things all through playoffs and don't want to mess with the karma.....

Myron, if you get to Oahu, you are welcome to join us...... Unfortunately, I don't know much about where to go on Hawaii......

myronmyman 02-01-2006 04:36 PM

Hey thanks for the help....got a tip on The Clubhouse at the Waikaloa Village along the Kona Coast...called and was told the Owner is a Stillers fan so the atmosphere should be right and some food and drink specials will be available before, during and after the game...hope it works out sounds promising.

Myronmyman

Suitanim 02-01-2006 08:32 PM

I'm so insanely jealous...and...um...that's just all I have.

Lucky bastards!