Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Jets in a dome? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=461)

clevestinks 03-21-2005 08:23 AM

Jets in a dome?

The Jets are trying to get a dome stadium and get the 1012 superbowl, Do we really want another indoor team??? This is going to turn into arena football soon.

BlitzburghRockCity 03-21-2005 08:25 AM

Re: Jets in a dome?

Oh no way !!! Dome's suck and have no place in the NFL.. how many dome teams have won the super bowl? oh wait, i think i cant count that many on less than 1 finger!!! :rolleyes:

Say it aint so !!!

ironcitychef 03-23-2005 02:27 AM

I don't see it. Thousands of NY fans tailgating in the cold, to go inside and warm up? This would be the sound of the Jets jumping the shark so to speak. Have to get my notes together for a thread on when other teams jumped.

SteelersFever 03-23-2005 02:34 AM

Football isn't football unless you're battling two opponents. The team you're playing and the weather. Who didn't love the Steelers vs. Dolphins game this season during the hurricane?

Please, just say NO to domes!

clevestinks 03-23-2005 05:17 AM

How ticked we would all be if Heinz Field were a dome?
So happy we went back to grass

clevestinks 03-23-2005 07:35 PM

Well it looks like its official. Superbowl 2010 in New York, pending the Jets getting the property they need, and finishing the stadium. But the NFL is waiving the rule that a stadium has to be 2 years old b4 it can host the bowl. once again anything for NY :fart:

JerseySTEEL 03-27-2005 01:54 AM

ahh domes suck play out side in the mud u pussys hehe.

clevestinks 03-29-2005 03:15 PM

This just in, it won`t be easy for the Jets to get thier property.

Cablevision outbids Jets for site
NEW YORK -- The New York Jets were outbid by Cablevision in their attempt to buy the Metropolitan Transportation Authority's rail yards and build a stadium on Manhattan's West Side. (03/29/2005)

JerseySTEEL 03-29-2005 04:30 PM

ya the jets offerd 300 million first then the owner of cablevision offerd 600 mill, and the govener is gettign very made at cablevision(they own the garden).

ironcitychef 03-30-2005 09:18 PM

Pretty funny how much money is being tossed around. Reminds me of what Chris Rock said...Shaq is rich, the guy who signs his check is wealthy. The Jets are rich(finally scrambled up enough money to get a decent proposal together) and Cablevision is wealthy(dug in the couch cushions to find an extra 600 million to outbid). Oh well, so much for a snow bowl.