Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   bill cowher fires the bus.... (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=4623)

tony hipchest 01-31-2006 09:02 AM

bill cowher fires the bus....

.....company that was hired by the nfl to provide the team with transportation this week in detroit. appearanly yesterday the outside luggage compartment door flew open and the shuttle bus had to pull over to shut it. :dang: bill immediately called for a new company.

is he sending a message that no mistake will be tolerated this week no matter how small or by who?

jbone19 01-31-2006 09:05 AM

Re: bill cowher fires the bus....

Absolutely! Plus, who wants distractions like having your underwear laying in the road. :redface:

83-Steelers-43 01-31-2006 09:24 AM

That's going a little overboard in my opinion. But, his call, not mine.

tony hipchest 01-31-2006 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43
That's going a little overboard in my opinion. But, his call, not mine.

thats what i initially thought. hey people make mistakes and accidents happen right?. those excuses wont fly this sunday though. i guess ol cowher can be a hard ass. its definitely a stron message and probably more symbolic.

83-Steelers-43 01-31-2006 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest
thats what i initially thought. hey people make mistakes and accidents happen right?. those excuses wont fly this sunday though. i guess ol cowher can be a hard ass. its definitely a stron message and probably more symbolic.

I have no doubt that he will and should handle his players in that manner. No excuses, no mistakes. But the bus driver isn't on the payroll....lol. But like I said, his call. He's the coach. I still feel it's just a little extreme.

Atlanta Dan 01-31-2006 09:48 AM

Ed.B. of the P-G states this morning that Cowher having a fit and firing the bus company over the open luggage compartment is a typically false Super Bowl week rumor. Any links that state to the contrary?

Cowher was on NFL Network last night (Rich Eisen had him recall in Rod Woodson's presence when Rod's play irritated him and Cowher responded it was when Rod bit on several pump fakes in Brett Favre's first Packer game during Cowher's first loss as a HC) and seemed relaxed to me.

clevestinks 01-31-2006 02:01 PM

Hey Cowhers knows his Buses!

siss 01-31-2006 04:36 PM

I think he has every write to be a hard a** this wee. And you know that if any thing feel out of that bus, Big Bens underwear would have been on EBAY for $2000.

3 to be 4 01-31-2006 08:18 PM

"Let this be a reminder that this organization will not tolerate failure"

- Dr Evil in Austin Powers

BlitzburghRockCity 01-31-2006 11:43 PM

Well this week is interesting..first the seahawks run into a security gate, now cowher changes bus companies.. :rolleyes: