Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NCAA Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Lane Kiffin to USC (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=46691)

RoethlisBURGHer 01-12-2010 11:08 PM

Lane Kiffin to USC

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...yhoo&type=lgns

Wow.

I don't like how college coaches can just leave a program for another without an repercussions. They leave the program in "shambles" often because recruits pull their commitments and the school is left looking for a coach.

I don't have a problem with a college coach leaving for a position in the NFL. But I think contracts need to be honored to go from college to college.

El-Gonzo Jackson 01-13-2010 12:02 AM

Re: Lane Kiffin to USC

Ah, Brian Kelly went to Notre Dame, so why cant Kiffin goto USC. I think it makes sense since he was an assistant there before going to the Raiders and did a good job bringing the Vols back to relevance in 1 year.

I'm just shocked it happened so quick.

supa_fly_steeler 01-13-2010 12:24 AM

lane kiffin got owned by frank beamers awesome play calling.

this is a bad decision imo. not that i know much about USC but they are just gonna suck now lol

Aussie_steeler 01-13-2010 01:39 AM

Already on the phone to UCLA to get Norm Chow back.

Apparently Matt Barkley is jumping out of his skin.

Also reports that some of the Vols top recruits who havent reported to campus have already jumped ship to other programs now that Kiffin has gone.

Galax Steeler 01-13-2010 03:54 AM

I thought Kiffin did a nice job in Tennessee I don't see why he was so willing to go to USC with the season he had here.

SteelMember 01-13-2010 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galax Steeler (Post 756755)
I thought Kiffin did a nice job in Tennessee I don't see why he was so willing to go to USC with the season he had here.

I'm sure the powers that be at Tennessee are really happy with their decision. :rolleyes: I think the guy waited all of a day before ruffling feathers, and talking shit about other SEC programs... He enjoys being controversial. I don't know that the program did.

Dino 6 Rings 01-13-2010 08:44 AM

this could be one of the biggest scumbag moves I've ever seen.

1 year worth of smack talking to rile up the fans, get people believing in you and you bolt out the door at the first chance you get? Sounds to me like maybe Al Davis was right about what kind of a person and character Lane really was.

Total garbage move. If not for his Daddy being with him, he'd be coaching Pee Wee football and probably illegally recruiting kids to his team at that level as well.

Total Garbage Move. Biggest Scum Bag of the year award goes to Lane Kiffon.

Seriously...has he held a job for longer than a year?

SteelersinCA 01-13-2010 09:31 AM

Kiffin used to be an OC for USC, it's his "home." There was bound to be a shocking hire. There are a few programs out there that are going to be once in a lifetime opportunities in CFB, this is one. I can't fault anyone for wanting to be the coach of a Texas, Florida, OSU, ND, USC.

klick81 01-13-2010 10:09 AM

This is a shocker, and I am really at odds with this move. He's a punk, and I cannot believe that he will not pull the same move on SC.

Edman 01-13-2010 11:07 AM

Well, folks. We've found our next Nick Saban.