Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Draft (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   NFL Mock Draft v1.0 (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=47042)

tunes4life 01-20-2010 08:19 AM

NFL Mock Draft v1.0

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true

It has us taking Patrick Robinson from Florida St. which I think would be great. He is a monster. However, if Joe Haden ends up coming into the draft (not sure if that is official yet) I could see us moving up a spot or two to get him. Our CB's were a source of much frustration this year. I do agree that we're going to get a good one in round 1 this April (and maybe a second in the later rounds). I have no doubt that we're going to go that way in the first round.

steelerdave1969 01-20-2010 09:04 AM

Re: NFL Mock Draft v1.0

I wouldnt mind seeing Robinson in a Steelers uniform but I would really like to see the Steelers have the chance at Hayden also. Or the Tennessee S to compliment Troy.

supa_fly_steeler 01-20-2010 09:31 AM

who cares about joe haden patrick robinson shake dem dreads lol

i wouldnt mind taking haden, but or our defense Patrick Robinson is more ideal.

Wow future of Pittsburghs defense could of been florida state with mcfadden, timmons and robinson lol

Northside Jonny 01-20-2010 10:08 AM

I agree that the steelers neeed help in the secondary but, if they resign casey and not clark i think they should target earl thomas of texas. Then maybee a kareem jackson in the second or javier arenas he can return punts too. Has anyone heard of george selvie from USF do you think he will be there in the third round they need another DE?

lamberts-lost-tooth 01-20-2010 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Northside Jonny (Post 760775)
I agree that the steelers neeed help in the secondary but, if they resign casey and not clark i think they should target earl thomas of texas. Then maybee a kareem jackson in the second or javier arenas he can return punts too. Has anyone heard of george selvie from USF do you think he will be there in the third round they need another DE?

I think you are correct. IF we resign Hampton...I think we look at a DB in the first. Thomas would be very high on my list. Texasteel brought it to my attention that some have him projected as a CB in the upcoming draft. That makes sense due to his size/speed and would make him a very versatile DB who could technically fill in at every position.

MDSteel15 01-20-2010 11:04 AM

Don't need fill ins! Need players this hi to be starters! Just my opinion...

SteelerNation12 01-20-2010 11:32 AM

Thats a lot of OTs in the Top 10!
Not sure Patrick is worth a Top 20 pick either.

Northside Jonny 01-20-2010 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MDSteel15 (Post 760812)

You obviously did not read the whole statement what he said was thomas could play any db spot . Go and look up earl thomas on any of the scouting sites he is compared to polomalu on a number of them. They also say that he is talented enough to be a very productive corner as well.
:hatsoff:

lamberts-lost-tooth 01-20-2010 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MDSteel15 (Post 760812)

Earl Thomas would be a starter at either of our CB positions or at FS....I dont think you understood what I was saying. By "Fill in"...I meant that you could "fill" any of our DB slots with that kind of talent.

Galax Steeler 01-20-2010 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth (Post 760869)
Earl Thomas would be a starter at either of our CB positions or at FS....I dont think you understood what I was saying. By "Fill in"...I meant that you could "fill" any of our DB slots with that kind of talent.

I see no reason why he couldn't start as well from what I have seen of him he is hell on wheels.