Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Blast Furnace (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   STFU, already. . . (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=4716)

whatsyurprob 02-01-2006 04:02 PM

STFU, already. . .

Your arrogance has lost not only my interest, but the world at large.

Wait'll ya get a load of dem der, BIRDS.

TOUCHDOWN SEAHAWKS

83-Steelers-43 02-01-2006 04:05 PM

Re: STFU, already. . .

Ouch! What talk....lol. *yawns*

Another well thought out thread from one of those knowledgable football fans from Seattle. Good job buddy.

syde18T 02-01-2006 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whatsyurprob

Wait'll ya get a load of dem der, BIRDS.

TOUCHDOWN SEAHAWKS

That nickname is not your's....thanks.

Looks like the Seahawks are failing to come up with their own slogans. (Ex: See Texas A&M's 12th Man)

RoethlisBURGHer 02-01-2006 04:23 PM

Your IGNORANCE has not only lost MY interest,but the world at large.

ZornToLargent 02-01-2006 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by syde18T
That nickname is not your's....thanks.

Looks like the Seahawks are failing to come up with their own slogans. (Ex: See Texas A&M's 12th Man)

Oh please....that isn't the Eagles nickname either. Any team who has a bird as their mascot can use it. Get over yourself.

Plus, that's all a bunch of horse $hit. Trademarking a phrase is the dumbest thing to do. That would be like if I trademarked "First and Goal"...then sued all football teams who said it. That's all they got...a frivolous lawsuit. The Seahawks do not have anything that says "The 12th Man." We retired a #12 Fan jersey in 1984 and fly a flag with the number 12 on it. Texas A&M will lose. Plus, they only trademarked it for "namely organizing and conducting intercollegiate sporting events," and products, such as caps, T-shirts, novelty buttons and jewelry. The Seahawks is not a college and they do not print anything with the words "The 12th Man."

syde18T 02-01-2006 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZornToLargent
What nickname are you talking about?

Plus, that's all a bunch of horse $hit. Trademarking a phrase is the dumbest thing to do. That would be like if I trademarked "First and Goal"...then sued all football teams who said it. That's all they got...a frivolous lawsuit. The Seahawks do not have anything that says "The 12th Man." We retired a #12 Fan jersey in 1984 and fly a flag with the number 12 on it. Texas A&M will lose. Plus, they only trademarked it for "namely organizing and conducting intercollegiate sporting events," and products, such as caps, T-shirts, novelty buttons and jewelry. The Seahawks is not a college and they do not print anything with the words "The 12th Man."

I was referring to the nickname, "The Birds." Don't get me wrong, as I do feel that taking it to legal matters is ridiculous over something such as a sports slogan, but I was just merely pointing out the fact that Seattle doesn't seem to come up with their own ideas.

83-Steelers-43 02-01-2006 04:36 PM

Quote:

I was referring to the nickname, "The Birds." Don't get me wrong, as I do feel that taking it to legal matters is ridiculous over something such as a sports slogan, but I was just merely pointing out the fact that Seattle doesn't seem to come up with their own ideas.

Hey, they make great coffee though. That counts for something doesn't it? :rolleyes:

tony hipchest 02-01-2006 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whatsyurprob

its been real nice knowin ya! dont let the doorknob hit you.....

syde18T 02-01-2006 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZornToLargent
Oh please....that isn't the Eagles nickname either. Any team who has a bird as their mascot can use it. Get over yourself.

Really, because that's the first time I've ever heard anyone refer to the Hawks as "The Birds." I know Atlanta uses the nickname "Dirty Birds" as to refer to their southern location. As long as I have been a Philly fan, I've always known that we were the ones referred to as the Birds.

Don't start the rudeness now.... :blah:

tony hipchest 02-01-2006 04:44 PM

Quote:

Really, because that's the first time I've ever heard anyone refer to the Hawks as "The Birds." I know Atlanta uses the nickname "Dirty Birds" as to refer to their southern location. As long as I have been a Philly fan, I've always known that we were the ones referred to as the Birds.

Don't start the rudeness now.... :blah:

well appearantly the seahawks invented using a college qb as a wr too.

and the "no respect" card