Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Cowher and Rooney feel Jerome will be back (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=472)

BlitzburghRockCity 03-22-2005 07:57 AM

Cowher and Rooney feel Jerome will be back

Expected back

Rooney and Cowher each expect Jerome Bettis will play another season but say that won't be determined for sure until the veteran running back gets deeper into his workout routine.

Bettis re-signed with the Steelers to lower his salary but has said he will not decide whether to retire or play until perhaps June 1.

"He knows what he has to do to get ready," Rooney said. "I think until he does that and gets through that training program, he's not going to be sure that he's got the commitment to it that he has to have. I think that's why he's kind of kept it open, because he's not sure."

Said Cowher: "My understanding was that [he will play], unless there's a setback in his training, as he starts to prepare, as he starts to get closer, I think that will be the determining factor. But I think his mind-set is that he wants to come back."

Cowher said if Bettis does not return, he has confidence in Duce Staley, Willie Parker and Verron Haynes to handle the job.

Rooney said the team should know long before June 1 whether Bettis will be committed to playing.

"If he hasn't gotten himself at that point in time to where he's sort of ready to go or is 95 percent of the way there, it's not something you just do in a couple of weeks and be ready to go and walk into training camp," Rooney said

clevestinks 03-22-2005 07:59 AM

Re: Cowher and Rooney feel Jerome will be back

More good news, Detroit or bust.

JerseySTEEL 03-23-2005 05:59 PM

yes SB or bust go !

clevestinks 03-24-2005 03:25 PM

:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:
I have a feeling
That Pittsburgh going to the Superbowl!!!!

HinesWard4Life8682 03-25-2005 11:47 PM

now... who do u think gets the starting spot?

i really liked deuce starting and jerome doing short yardage and goal line.

clevestinks 03-26-2005 07:03 AM

I thinks thats what you`ll get. Duce to start, Jerome to finish up. If the Bus does play, keeping him healthy the entire season will be a priority for the Steelers.

BlitzburghRockCity 03-26-2005 01:10 PM

jerome has already been told, that when he comes back.. its the same role as last season.

JerseySTEEL 03-27-2005 12:58 AM

i ahte to say it sicne i love the bus but our main thign is to keep duce heathly so we have him in the playoffs and isnt rusty, so when were int he playoffs we can change our run game up and wear out the othier teams.