Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Draft (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   2010 Senior Bowl Thread (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=47235)

lamberts-lost-tooth 01-24-2010 07:55 AM

2010 Senior Bowl Thread
 
Might as well get it started.....the players are starting to show up.

Quote:

Players Arrive for 2010 Under Armour Senior Bowl
Mobile, AL. (Jan. 23)

More than half of the 2010 Under Armour Senior Bowl roster arrived in Mobile today, a day earlier than required. The top senior college football players in the country are in town for a week’s worth of practice leading up to the nation’s premier pre-draft event—the Under Armour Senior Bowl on January 30th in Ladd-Peebles Stadium.

Among those to arrive in Mobile today was former Florida great Tim Tebow. The Heisman Trophy winner was joined by his Florida teammate Riley Cooper and a host of other SEC standouts like Ole Miss’ Dexter McCluster, Kentucky’s Trevard Lindley and Auburn’s Ben Tate.

Players are required to be in Mobile by 6 pm (CT) on Sunday evening. They will undergo physicals, receive their equipment and meet with their respective coaching staffs. Both the Detroit Lions’ and Miami Dolphins’ staffs are also expected to arrive in Mobile Sunday.

Senior Bowl practices will begin on Monday with the South squad working out in Fairhope’s Municipal Stadium and the North squad practicing at Ladd-Peebles Stadium. All practices are free and open to the public.

The 61st game is sold out and will kickoff at 3pm (CT). NFL Network will televise the game an all practices during the week.

lamberts-lost-tooth 01-24-2010 08:18 AM

Re: 2010 Senior Bowl Thread
 
Here is the roster.

http://www.seniorbowl.com/rosters.asp

Who are you wanting to see?

Personally I am looking forward to seeing Safeties Nate Allen & Kyle McCarthy...RB Joique Bell....NT Dan Williams & NT Terrance Cody...virtually ALL of the O-linemen but I want to see more of OG MIke Johnson from Alabama to see if he can move to Tackle .... I want to see OT Trent Williams from Oklahoma, to see if he is worth a 1st round pick.

Aussie_steeler 01-24-2010 02:52 PM

Re: 2010 Senior Bowl Thread
 
Myron Rolle really intrigues me. I want to see how well he adjusts to the demands of practice after being out of the game for a long period.

Who knows the real value of his stock at the moment?

Taylor Mays is in a similar position. This may well be the first time he really is tested for true FS skills. I dont think he has ever really been tested at USC. Again his stock to be real or really drop. Could he be this years William Moore ( Safety Missouri)??

jonslow 01-24-2010 11:58 PM

Re: 2010 Senior Bowl Thread
 
I just arrived in Mobile about an hour ago to cover the events of the week. We'll be blogging and I'll post updates here on the forum.

http://www.sidelinescouting.net

Anything in particular you guys want me to watch for this week? Myself and a couple fellow contributors got credentials for practices, interviews, the game, etc. Hit me up if you have any questions about guys you may be interested in.

lamberts-lost-tooth 01-25-2010 04:11 AM

Re: 2010 Senior Bowl Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonslow (Post 763112)
I just arrived in Mobile about an hour ago to cover the events of the week. We'll be blogging and I'll post updates here on the forum.

http://www.sidelinescouting.net

Anything in particular you guys want me to watch for this week? Myself and a couple fellow contributors got credentials for practices, interviews, the game, etc. Hit me up if you have any questions about guys you may be interested in.

Jonslow-

Very cool...as a draft geek I think I can talk for the majority of fans that are interested in how this week affects the players draft stock. Here are a couple things that I am very interested in that are specific to the Steelers.

1) For teams with 3-4 defenses and who are potentially looking for a true NT, Give us a breakdown....a comparison/contrast between Terrance Cody and Dan Williams.

2) With Clark's status still up in the air...give us an idea about the safety class at the senior bowl this year.

3) Give us a good idea of the OT's at the senior bowl this year. Who looks like a possible fit? For instance....Is Charles Brown too light for us and more suited for a zone blocking scheme? Does Vladimir Ducasse look like an OT or OG in the NFl?


Players that I am personally interested in hearing more about:

Safety Nate Allen, South Florida
Safety Myron Rolle, Florida State
Safety Harry Coleman, LSU
RB Joique Bell, Wayne State
OT Trent Williams, Oklahoma
OT Vladimir Ducasse, Massachusetts
OG Mike Johnson, Alabama
LB Eric Norwood, South Carolina
ILB Jamar Chaney, Mississippi State
CB Kyle McCarthy, Notre Dame
CB Jerome Murphy, South Florida
CB Patrick Robinson, Florida State
NT Terrance Cody, Alabama
NT Dan Williams, Tennessee

Thanks brother!!!

MasterOfPuppets 01-25-2010 04:30 AM

Re: 2010 Senior Bowl Thread
 
Iupati, Mike
Peek, Colin
Chaney, Jamar

Texasteel 01-25-2010 04:43 AM

Re: 2010 Senior Bowl Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth (Post 762467)
Here is the roster.

http://www.seniorbowl.com/rosters.asp

Who are you wanting to see?

Personally I am looking forward to seeing Safeties Nate Allen & Kyle McCarthy...RB Joique Bell....NT Dan Williams & NT Terrance Cody...virtually ALL of the O-linemen but I want to see more of OG MIke Johnson from Alabama to see if he can move to Tackle .... I want to see OT Trent Williams from Oklahoma, to see if he is worth a 1st round pick.

I'm starting to see more and more mocks that have us taking Trent Williams. Just one of several I want to keep track of.

MasterOfPuppets 01-25-2010 04:56 AM

Re: 2010 Senior Bowl Thread
 
i sure would like to know how they determine who gets invited to this game . i mean i thought the ideal was to get the best of the best in this game and the shrine game sifts through the leftovers and fields the best roster they can. while this game certainly has the premier players, i'm kinda scratchin my head at some of the roster choices that appear to be late rd picks ( 4th or lower), but yet some in the shrine game could and most likely will be top 3 choices....:noidea:
they should have left a few spots open in this game to make room for some of the guys that shined in the shrine game, like troupe, calloway, and barnes.

darnik44 01-25-2010 05:42 AM

Re: 2010 Senior Bowl Thread
 
NFL Network Senior Bowl Coverage Schedule

SteelerNation12 01-25-2010 06:18 AM

Re: 2010 Senior Bowl Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets (Post 763150)
i sure would like to know how they determine who gets invited to this game . i mean i thought the ideal was to get the best of the best in this game and the shrine game sifts through the leftovers and fields the best roster they can. while this game certainly has the premier players, i'm kinda scratchin my head at some of the roster choices that appear to be late rd picks ( 4th or lower), but yet some in the shrine game could and most likely will be top 3 choices....:noidea:
they should have left a few spots open in this game to make room for some of the guys that shined in the shrine game, like troupe, calloway, and barnes.

Well considering players have the choice to accept or decline it. I'm guessing they go to all the top guys and some just reject it. Not sure most do, its chance to really improve your stock and prove you can make it in the NFL.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum