Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Sports Dimension (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   All-White Basketball League...SMH! (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=47258)

Steel_12 01-25-2010 12:12 AM

All-White Basketball League...SMH!

This is a shame...I'm glad the mayor of my hometown didn't agree to this bullshit! This guy has the nerve to say it's not racist but agrees that it's segregated. Unbelievable lol

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7017614057

January 24, 2010 5:46 p.m. EST
Topics: Sports Extra, Sports

AHN Sports Staff
Augusta, GA, United States (AHN) - Former pro wrestling promoter Don "Moose" Lewis recently announced his intention to form the All-American Basketball Alliance (AABA), a league "exclusive" to White Americans, according to publications in Georgia.

Lewis said the league will only allow players that are natural-born United States citizens with both parents of Caucasian race.

The former wrestler insisted he only wants to give "fundamental basketball" more recognition than "street ball", which he considers African-American style of play.

"There's nothing hatred about what we're doing." Lewis told the Augusta Chronicle, which first reported on the AABA. "I don't hate anyone of color,"

Lewis also used the Gilbert Arenas gun-brandishing incident in the NBA as reason for establishing the league.

"Would you want to go to the game and worry about a player flipping you off or attacking you in the stands or grabbing their crotch?", Lewis asked the Chronicle.

Lewis hopes to invite 12 teams from cities across the United States, including the Georgian cities of Augusta, Albany, and Chattanooga, to be the league's pioneers in June.

Numerous attempts to reach Lewis, who considers himself commissioner of AABA, late in the week were unsuccessful.

Radio host Bomani Jones did interview Lewis on a recent program however, and excerpts were released on the Huffington Post.

Lewis not only defended his league, but said it has the interest of people in television, as well.

"...I've been approached by two different parties to not only televise what we're doing, but to turn this into a reality show from the time we start all the way through, and at the end, have our white all-stars play a group of all-star black players, with the series called Snowball vs. Bro Ball," Lewis said.

Lewis went on to add: "The league is not segregated because we allow ownership of anyone, no matter what their color is," Lewis said.

"But you won't let anybody play but white people.... If you say that only white people can play, I have no idea how that's not segregated," Jones countered in his interview.

Lewis: "I'll agree in a sense, yes it is segregated."

Read more: http://www.allheadlinenews.com/artic...#ixzz0dbMM6rJb

Galax Steeler 01-25-2010 08:24 AM

Re: All-White Basketball League...SMH!

I think he is opening up a hornets nest with this.:stirthepot:

X-Terminator 01-25-2010 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galax Steeler (Post 763216)
I think he is opening up a hornets nest with this.:stirthepot:

Gee, ya think? :doh:

Does someone want to remind this douche that, while NBA players are mostly black, that the league does not discriminate against anyone? Does anyone also want to remind this douche that not only does the NBA NOT discriminate against anyone, that several of the best players in the league are white?

Now granted, I do not follow the NBA anymore because IMO it embraced the "thug culture" for far too long, but come on, man...this is just unnecessary BS that really is being done for no other reason than to get his 15 minutes of fame.

revefsreleets 01-25-2010 10:02 AM

Hmmmm.....SMH? Single Male Homosexual?

vasteeler 01-25-2010 10:54 AM

yeah and i hear they are going to lower the baskets so that there will still be some dunks

zulater 01-25-2010 07:28 PM

Some proposed team names.

skinheads, rednecks, klansmen, nazi's, supremicists, crackers....:flap:

Steel_12 01-25-2010 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revefsreleets (Post 763263)
Hmmmm.....SMH? Single Male Homosexual?

:blah: No bitch, SMH means Shaking My Head. I thought you put me on ignore. Please put me back.

lol I'm sure you'll get away with it like always.

Godfather 01-25-2010 08:01 PM

Quote:

"...I've been approached by two different parties to not only televise what we're doing, but to turn this into a reality show from the time we start all the way through, and at the end, have our white all-stars play a group of all-star black players, with the series called Snowball vs. Bro Ball," Lewis said.

Did they steal this idea from the Onion?

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/30507

tony hipchest 01-25-2010 08:06 PM

stupid. :doh:

not only the idea of this league but those who cry wolf the loudest still run around calling people homos as if they are above the laws of the land. :headshake:

Quote:

Originally Posted by zulater (Post 763494)
Some proposed team names.

skinheads, rednecks, klansmen, nazi's, supremicists, crackers....:flap:

nah... they would have to be much more subtle than that....

Washington Whips (instead of bullets)
Montgomery Capitals (1st confederate capital)
Birmingham Rebels
Richmond Generals (general lee)
Columbia Cottonmouths (just sounds cool)
Atlanta (Augusta) Masters
Tuskegee Syphilus (not too subtle)

..etc.

MACH1 02-03-2010 07:11 PM

Wasn't there something like this a few years ago? Seems like I remember a team with the name of 'Whities'.