Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   David Little Dies (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=473)

clevestinks 03-22-2005 10:49 AM

David Little Dies

Former Steelers Linebacker Passes Away

Former Steelers Pro Bowl linebacker David Little passed away on Thursday, March 17, at his home in Miami, Florida. He was 46.

Little suffered a heart ailment while lifting weights at his Miami home and suffocated when the barbell he was lifting fell on his throat. He was found dead at his home by his sons, David Jr. and Darien.

Little was drafted by the Steelers in the seventh round (183rd overall) of the 1981 NFL Draft out of the University of Florida. He played his entire 12-year career with the Steelers before retiring in 1993. Little earned his only trip to the Pro Bowl after the 1990 season and was named Steelers co-MVP in 1988. He played in 179 games and made 125 starts during his NFL career.

The younger brother of Miami Dolphins Hall of Fame offensive lineman Larry Little, David Lamar Little is survived by his wife Denise; mother Ida Little; three children, David Jr., Darien and daughter DeAira; four sisters and one brother.

Friends will be received at Richardson Funeral Home (4500 N.W. 17th Avenue, Miami, FL 33142; 305-634-4528) from 1 ? 4 p.m. on Wednesday, March 23. A memorial service is scheduled for 6 ? 9 p.m. on Wednesday, March 23, at Second Baptist Church (11111 Pinkston Drive, Richmond Heights, FL; 305-232-0499). Funeral services for Little will take place on Thursday, March 24, at 2 p.m. at New Birth Baptist Church (2300 N.W. 135th Street, Miami, FL; 305-685-3700).

Flowers are being received by Richardson Funeral Home. The family will also accept donations to a Children for College Fund at Wachovia Bank in Miami.
R.I.P. David
Thanks for the memories

BlitzburghRockCity 03-22-2005 01:35 PM

Re: David Little Dies

Just saw this on my MSN alerts.. Man this sux.

RIP man !! You were a kick ass LB for the black n gold !!!

SteelersFever 03-22-2005 01:42 PM

What a freak accident. I remember watching him when I was 9. It's a sad day. :crying02:

HinesWard4Life8682 03-22-2005 08:29 PM

I dont know you because i wasn't alive hwen u played but R.I.P and my prayers are with ur family

BlitzburghRockCity 03-22-2005 10:43 PM

Its really crazy when you think about it. Here the poor guy is, trying to work out and stay in shape even though he's long since done in football..and this happens. I can honestly say I've never heard of something like this happening.

How long did he have that heart condition ?

BlitzburghRockCity 03-22-2005 10:49 PM

http://media3.steelers.com/MediaCont...avid_51954.jpg

JerseySTEEL 03-23-2005 07:02 PM

rly messed up how he died fighter till the end R.I.P.

ironcitychef 03-23-2005 10:52 PM

The man will be missed. We will remember Little, Strelzyk, and Webster.

JerseySTEEL 03-27-2005 02:02 AM

We gather
Beneath the leaking corrugated roof
The rain dripping
Caught in the flickering floodlights
Waiting patiently
The lost remnants of a crowd
A murmur erupts
As the teams plod wearily
Kick about dispassionately
Waiting reluctantly