Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Feedback & Support (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Official STEELERS FEVER DRAFT? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=47953)

lamberts-lost-tooth 02-08-2010 11:09 AM

Official STEELERS FEVER DRAFT?

Mike,

This time of year, millions of internet users are perusing draft sites on the web, looking for draft prospect information and potential draft picks for their favorite team.

Is there any possibility that SteelersFever can attach an official draft to their homepage? It would give the currrent members instant access to draft information, and allow numeous people to find this site when searching for draft information.

Here is a "public" draft site that I maintain....to give you some idea about what we might be able to do.
http://draftdebacled.com/PublishedDraft.aspx?mdid=8123

I would appreciate any comments from the forum members in regards to whether they think this is a good idea and if they think that particular members have the knowledge to maintain a draft site.

SteelersFever 02-08-2010 02:09 PM

Re: Official STEELERS FEVER DRAFT?

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth (Post 769493)
Mike,

This time of year, millions of internet users are perusing draft sites on the web, looking for draft prospect information and potential draft picks for their favorite team.

Is there any possibility that SteelersFever can attach an official draft to their homepage? It would give the currrent members instant access to draft information, and allow numeous people to find this site when searching for draft information.

Here is a "public" draft site that I maintain....to give you some idea about what we might be able to do.
http://draftdebacled.com/PublishedDraft.aspx?mdid=8123

I would appreciate any comments from the forum members in regards to whether they think this is a good idea and if they think that particular members have the knowledge to maintain a draft site.

Do you own draftdebacled.com or did you just use their tools to create your own mock draft?

lamberts-lost-tooth 02-08-2010 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelersFever (Post 769581)
Do you own draftdebacled.com or did you just use their tools to create your own mock draft?

I used their board, but the player database was outdated, so I tend to rely more on nfldraftscout.com as a source when trying to figure out which round a player might get drafted....along with personal opinions of those players and whatever knowledge I have of specific teams strategy and need/value chart.

For instance..If several players are available to the Steelers in the 3rd round... I will a look for a high character player at a need position with at least two years of production over a one year wonder with redflags....whereas teams like the Bengals, Ravens and Raiders will take the player with the highest senior year stats/combine numbers.

SteelersFever 02-08-2010 02:59 PM

I think this is a good idea. If you have quality draft content or a detailed mock draft I would be more than happy to publish it on the homepage and even set up a section for it at the top of the forums.

The only thing I ask is that it's NOT published anywhere else online since you want me to make it official Steelers Fever content. Also, I would expect it to be as professional as possible.

Let me know what you think. :tt04:

lamberts-lost-tooth 02-08-2010 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelersFever (Post 769611)
I think this is a good idea. If you have quality draft content or a detailed mock draft I would be more than happy to publish it on the homepage and even set up a section for it at the top of the forums.

The only thing I ask is that it's NOT published anywhere else online since you want me to make it official Steelers Fever content. Also, I would expect it to be as professional as possible.

Let me know what you think. :tt04:

I think that would be a great idea and understand that the content would belong to SteelersFever!!

I will back off of the other draft site so that all future content isnt anwhere else on the board.

Galax Steeler 02-09-2010 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth (Post 769634)
I think that would be a great idea and understand that the content would belong to SteelersFever!!

I will back off of the other draft site so that all future content isnt anwhere else on the board.

I think you have a great idea LLT I hope you can do it and make it a success.:hatsoff:

lamberts-lost-tooth 02-09-2010 09:07 AM

I have sent a PM to all the guys from the Consensus Draft group...just waiting to hear back from them.

deweybeachde 02-11-2010 08:13 PM

Their player Rankings are very out of date. They even have players who aren't in this year's draft.

lamberts-lost-tooth 02-13-2010 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deweybeachde (Post 771101)
Their player Rankings are very out of date. They even have players who aren't in this year's draft.

I saw that....good draft engine...just needs to be tweeked.

steelerdude15 02-14-2010 07:20 PM

This would be a new and nice edition to the site. :thumbsup: