Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Sports Dimension (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Have X game type sports cheapened Winter Olympics? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=48108)

zulater 02-12-2010 12:58 PM

Have X game type sports cheapened Winter Olympics?

Will you be watching the Winter Olympics these next two weeks? If so how do you feel about recently added events such as snowboarding, moguls, big air ski jumping, short track speed skating etc...? Do you think they've helped the games, hurt the games, or made no difference

xfl2001fan 02-12-2010 01:04 PM

Re: Have X game type sports cheapened Winter Olympics?

I think it adds to the Olympics...but they just had the Winter X games. That (IMO) is going to take away from the Olympics.

stlrtruck 02-12-2010 01:09 PM

I think the "X Games" have added to the Olympics but I still won't be watching much of them, maybe the hockey.

zulater 02-12-2010 10:51 PM

Is there anything more hokey in this world than the opening ceremony at at Olympics? :toofunny:

tony hipchest 02-12-2010 11:11 PM

the ones for the summer games in china were awesome. these ones suck. atleast i got to see the "poodle" jaomir jagr again (not that thats a bright point). :hunch:

oh, i voted for "added to the games".

the snowboarders are balls out, and if skiing deserves to be an event, there is absolutely nothing that says they should be excluded. unfortunately i dont think we will ever see skateboarding or surfing in the summer games- which is even more reason to include snowboarders.

just dont drop curling. atleast one of the olympics should include a beer drinking game. :alcoholic:

WH 02-14-2010 03:01 PM

It adds too it. I have no interest in Figure Skating, bobsledding, or skiing, but, I love the snowboarding (and the hockey of course)

fansince'76 02-14-2010 03:10 PM

I voted "no effect" as I watch neither the X Games or the Olympics.

SteelCityMom 02-14-2010 03:12 PM

Definitely adds to it. I've always been more into the winter olympics than the summer ones and enjoy all the events...even curling. I only really get into the gymnastics for the summer games. I'm always happy to see new events added though for the winter games.