Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Steelers Experience (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Just saw James Harrison... (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=48344)

Pentheon 02-20-2010 10:59 PM

Just saw James Harrison...

Hes a lot bigger than I thought in person when hes standing next to you. Saw him down Nakama japenese steakhouse on the south side. Guess this could be a new thread

Anyone ever meet any steeler players in person?

Unless theres a thread about this already.

lionslicer 02-21-2010 02:13 AM

Re: Just saw James Harrison...

I saw Hampton in person in 7th grade during youth football, he stopped by with Townsend to see what was up. He is one big mofo. Townsend is actually smaller than I thought he would be.

I also saw Staley in person when he was still on the team, he was way bigger than I thought.

forgot to mention.. my friend met Lamarr Woodley and said his arms were bigger than his theighs, this comming from a 280 pound guy.

SteelerNation12 02-21-2010 02:27 AM

Yeah I met Bradshaw was I was a little kid. Biggest dick I have ever met and refused to sign my steelers hat.

Galax Steeler 02-21-2010 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelerNation12 (Post 774271)
Yeah I met Bradshaw was I was a little kid. Biggest dick I have ever met and refused to sign my steelers hat.

I have heard others talk about Bradshaw as well they say he is not a kind person.

solardave 02-21-2010 06:29 AM

MY Grandson has Dermonti's autograph on his Steelers hat. I never met him but my Niece got Jerome's autograph for us. She manages a store that the team and their wives go into a lot. She says Troy is the best,nicest guy you'd want to meet. She's probably met half or more of the Steelers.

stillers4me 02-21-2010 07:26 AM

James Harrison big??? I'm 5'51/2" and my hubby is 6'6". I'd put James at just under 6' tall. He stood on chair whan he saw my husband!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ncinci/095.jpg

Pentheon 02-21-2010 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stillers4me (Post 774293)
James Harrison big??? I'm 5'51/2" and my hubby is 6'6". I'd put James at just under 6' tall. He stood on chair whan he saw my husband!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ncinci/095.jpg

I don't mean tall, I know hes not too...he was bulky as hell, a lot more bulky than I thought he was.

He seemed like an asshole tho, the way he sped off in his truck when he left and didn't seem to say anything. Someone yelled whats up mvp and he said nothing got in his truck and sped off.

still a fan of the guy tho

Shoes 02-21-2010 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pentheon (Post 774358)
I don't mean tall, I know hes not too...he was bulky as hell, a lot more bulky than I thought he was.

He seemed like an asshole tho, the way he sped off in his truck when he left and didn't seem to say anything. Someone yelled whats up mvp and he said nothing got in his truck and sped off.

An AO? Seems to me the AO's are the one's who can't respect a persons privacy and continually pester these guys in public. James most of all since everyone knows he doesn't like the spotlight and is a very reserved person.

stillers4me 02-21-2010 11:56 AM

James came to a signing with the Steel City Mafia to our Steelers bar in Cinci several years ago. He was very friendly and cordial with all the fans. Like I said before, he jumped up on a chair when he saw how tall Russ was and said, "now you can take the picture!". He also looked at every picture on the cameras and if he didn't like the picture, he said "take another one!" He seemed to enjoy himself and his fans. A few months later at training camp, he even remember one of the ladies that was at the signing. He said, "Hey, Shorty! What are you doing way over here?"

Fans just need to learn to be respectful of their time. It's great when an athlete always has the time for a fan, but there's there's a time and place for everyhting.

SteelerEmpire 02-21-2010 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pentheon (Post 774358)

After these guys have been in the spotlight for years I could imagine that 'some' of them would lose their interest in fans approaching them every 20 ft. Some people can just handle fame better than others I guess....