Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Great Sports Guy Column - He Picks Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=4845)

Atlanta Dan 02-03-2006 12:07 PM

Great Sports Guy Column - He Picks Steelers

It's a fairly long read, but Simmons has a lot of good points and ends up picking the Steelers (23-17).

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...simmons/060203

WisconsinSteelerMan 02-03-2006 01:47 PM

Re: Great Sports Guy Column - He Picks Steelers

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan
It's a fairly long read, but Simmons has a lot of good points and ends up picking the Steelers (23-17).

You're right it was a long read, but a very good one...

I would like to know exactly how far the Steeler Nation reaches. They keep referencing that the Steelers have some of the most "well-traveled" fans in the league, but isn't it really more that the fans who LIVE in the area are coming out to the game???

I know that was the case with me when the Stillers played the Vikings in Minneapolis...I couldn't wait to go to the game and root for my boys!!!

HOW FAR DO WE ROAM???

RoethlisBURGHer 02-03-2006 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WisconsinSteelerMan
You're right it was a long read, but a very good one...

I would like to know exactly how far the Steeler Nation reaches. They keep referencing that the Steelers have some of the most "well-traveled" fans in the league, but isn't it really more that the fans who LIVE in the area are coming out to the game???

I know that was the case with me when the Stillers played the Vikings in Minneapolis...I couldn't wait to go to the game and root for my boys!!!

HOW FAR DO WE ROAM???

There are Steeler fans all over the country and the world.

The Clowns brag about having the largest worldwide fanbase,but what they have is the largest worldwide NFL team fan club.If the Steelers were to have an official worldwide fan club,I gaurantee you that the Black and Gold would outnumber the puke and shit of the Clowns,just like when we play in Cleveland.

Suitanim 02-03-2006 04:17 PM

My two favorite excerpts:

"It's already been established that Alexander's MVP award was a joke; ask any Seahawks fan to rank the three most indispensable players for Sunday's game, and I guarantee anyone's list will look like this: (1) Walter Jones; (2) Hasselbeck; (3) Alexander. In that order. If they say differently, they're lying"

But someone like Polamalu is Manning's Kryptonite, and here's why: No defensive player in the history of football can sprint from Point A to Point B faster than Polamalu."

Atlanta Dan 02-03-2006 04:56 PM

My favorite quote:

Over the last two seasons, the Steelers are 26-2 in games not started by Tommy Maddox, Charlie Batch or Tom Brady. Warrants mentioning.

Suitanim 02-03-2006 05:01 PM

Quote:

My favorite quote:

Over the last two seasons, the Steelers are 26-2 in games not started by Tommy Maddox, Charlie Batch or Tom Brady. Warrants mentioning.

And for any Squaks fans wondering, the vast majority of those wins were against AFC teams that didn't have 2-14 records.

Steve_Courson's_Liver 02-03-2006 05:19 PM

I live in AZ and there are about 2500-3000 Steeler fans that show up to HArold's in Cave Creek. STEELER FANS TRAVEL, BUT 90% OF THEM ARE ALREADY THERE.

tony hipchest 02-03-2006 05:19 PM

Quote:

My favorite quote:

i liked that one too. especially when the other 2 losses came off of knee surgury and a chipped bone in the throwing thumb. bens pretty healthy now. add that with his final year in college and ben is on quite a winning streak. a proven winner in my book.