Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Defense Question (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=4853)

PDX Hawk fan 02-03-2006 02:02 PM

Defense Question

I hear all this talk about the NFC being a complete crap of a Conference, so what I want to know is: other than Denver and Pittsburgh, who are the great defensive teams in the AFC?

In my mind, the NFC is the defensive league while the AFC excells at offense.

tony hipchest 02-03-2006 02:09 PM

Re: Defense Question

dont you follow football? check out nfl.com and read up on some stats.

SteelCityPride 02-03-2006 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PDX Hawk fan
I hear all this talk about the NFC being a complete crap of a Conference, so what I want to know is: other than Denver and Pittsburgh, who are the great defensive teams in the AFC?

You think if the NFC offense is soo bad, that kinda plays into why their defenses may be ranked higher and if the AFC's defenses are worse that may be why their offenses rank higher. I mean it's hard to say on that matter, I think we should look into cross conference play...

Dook 02-03-2006 02:13 PM

Indy's defense was good this year.

Livinginthe past 02-03-2006 02:13 PM

Quote:

The Patriots are a defensive power in the AFC - as long as they have some healthy bodies.

NM

PDX Hawk fan 02-03-2006 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelCityPride
You think if the NFC offense is soo bad, that kinda plays into why their defenses may be ranked higher and if the AFC's defenses are worse that may be why their offenses rank higher. I mean it's hard to say on that matter, I think we should look into cross conference play...

I don't think the NFC is bad- and I don't get why the Seahwks offense gets criticized based on the fact they are in the NFC, a great defensive conference.

SteelCityPride 02-03-2006 02:20 PM

Quote:

I don't think the NFC is bad- and I don't get why the Seahwks offense gets criticized based on the fact they are in the NFC, a great defensive conference.

Well when you look at them, they have some good individual players but also some areas of liablity esp in the secondary. Their front when all healthy is decent, their linebackers are pretty good, and I would only rate their secondary as ok... I mean, their defense is nothing extremely intimidating, though it is also a defense that can be very deceptive when taken lightly and can get to the quarterback, which also creates wholes in their secondary...

Prosdo 02-03-2006 02:23 PM

I have to say Lofa Tatupu is pretty impressive though. Not a lot of rookies would come in and take charge like he did.

SteelCityPride 02-03-2006 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prosdo
I have to say Lofa Tatupu is pretty impressive though. Not a lot of rookies would come in and take charge like he did.

I agree with you, Tatupu is an exceptional athlete. I think he would be outstanding in a 3-4 defense where he would be given a little more freedom also... But regardless of the defense, he is an exceptional athlete.

RoethlisBURGHer 02-03-2006 02:33 PM

AFC's good defenses:

Steelers,Pats,Colts,Broncos,Chargers,and the Jaguars

NFC's good defenses:

Redskins,Bears,Panthers,Bucs,Seahawks