Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Fisher picks Ratbirds ?? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=488)

clevestinks 03-26-2005 07:17 AM

Fisher picks Ratbirds ??

Did anyone else see this??

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

KAPALUA, Hawaii -- Who's the team to beat in the AFC?

New England, winner of three of the past four Super Bowls? The Steelers, the first AFC team to win 15 games in the regular season? Indianapolis, with the best quarterback in football?

Ah, no, according to Tennessee coach Jeff Fisher. It's Baltimore, which did not make the playoffs last season.

"They're back up to where they should be," Fisher said yesterday during a coaches' breakfast at the NFL meetings. "They're the team to beat this year. I would think they would make their run."

Fisher might be biased; the Ravens have been making a run at the Titans' players. Tennessee, because of salary-cap problems, released cornerback Samari Rolle and receiver Derrick Mason, and Baltimore scooped up both.

"They come to our place this year, and that's the game that everyone will be looking forward to," Fisher said.

ironcitychef 03-26-2005 10:12 AM

Re: Fisher picks Ratbirds ??

He hates the ratbirds too. Divert media attention from your guys and pick a team you don't like. Brilliant. Now Billick will spend a week answering why they are the coaches choice for "team to beat". It worked great for JAX last year.

clevestinks 03-26-2005 12:59 PM

Fisher probably feels that two of his stars went to ratbird town so they`re the team to beat. Newflash :: They didn`t win nothing when they were with you. And the ratbirds have Boller at qb, even dilfer is better than him.

BlitzburghRockCity 03-26-2005 01:00 PM

F the ratbirds.. fisher is just bitchin and moaning becuz he lots 3/4 of his talent this offseason.... last time I checked though Jeff, you havent done so well the last couple years, WITH all that talent... so, yeah, know...

Mason doesnt scare me at all..we handled him just fine against tennessee and rolle, well.. i think hines and el can keep him plenty busy and wilson will blow by him like he's standing still!!!

clevestinks 03-26-2005 01:03 PM

Looking forward to summer, I`ll be poolside. But Man I can`t wait til fall.

JerseySTEEL 03-27-2005 12:52 AM

i love that stuff just to get ppl off your back go say somthing like parcells did last year in a press conf"Ben is the best prospect ive seen since elway" it was great mind wars hehe.

clevestinks 03-27-2005 11:44 AM

We all know who the team to beat is. Thats all that matters

JerseySTEEL 03-27-2005 02:31 PM

who the redskins? joke hehe

BlitzburghRockCity 03-28-2005 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clevestinks
We all know who the team to beat is. Thats all that matters

Damn straight!!!!