Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Locker Room (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Patriot SB Highlights (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=4937)

3 to be 4 02-04-2006 08:54 PM

Patriot SB Highlights

ESPN Classic has all 3 games in a row tonight (9:30-11:00)

just think Steeler fans, once you win, its on film FOREVER! And the ending never changes.

BlitzburghRockCity 02-04-2006 08:56 PM

Re: Patriot SB Highlights

I was about to say.. who gives a F***

Quote:

just think Steeler fans, once you win, its on film FOREVER! And the ending never changes.
but since you put it that way well I can see your point :tt:

3 to be 4 02-04-2006 09:02 PM

that WAS my point. I want you guys to understand the threshhold you will crossing around 10:30 tomorrow night. Madden is right, theres is no gap larger in sports between winning and losing a Super Bowl. It last forever and they can never take it away. You think you've experience Steeler high before? (im obviously talking to the younger crowd)
You dont have any idea. Once you win, it unlocks EVERYTHING. the loser gets thrown back in the pile. the winner is the winner FOREVER. All your little flaws are erased. Your QB goes to Disneyworld. You go on the Wheaties box. Letterman has some of your players on the show. The parade etc etc etc.
Watch the SB highlight shows and get REVVED UP from it.
THAT is my point.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE 02-04-2006 09:07 PM

We must win this game........I hope Ben is the MVP...........how lucky are we to have taken him the 11th pick......
I would also settle for Bettis being the MVP........Don't laugh.....the big guy is gonna be pumped up for this game..He may have his best ever....which would be awesome

BlitzburghRockCity 02-04-2006 09:13 PM

Rep points to you 3-4... as if I needed any more motivation as it is :laughing:

Prosdo 02-04-2006 09:17 PM

Yeah unfortunately I was born in 1986 so I wasn't around for the other titles. Hearing people talk about the 70's championships will make you jealous of how they felt when the Steelers won. Hopefully come tomorrow my generation will know.

3 to be 4 02-04-2006 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prosdo
Yeah unfortunately I was born in 1986 so I wasn't around for the other titles. Hearing people talk about the 70's championships will make you jealous of how they felt when the Steelers won. Hopefully come tomorrow my generation will know.

Is fans like you i'll be thinking about tomorrow night. Its like in "The Wizard of Oz" when Dorothy goes from black and white to color. You'll be in a calm, happy, state of shock (even though you know its coming) that you'll never want to wake up from. You'll think of people you hadnt thought of in years. You'll remember some game you watched 13 years ago. And it will all come back to one thought. We're World Champions. And watching sports will never be the same (in a good, good, way)

24 hours to go. All the best to you.

Prosdo 02-04-2006 10:03 PM

Thanks 3 to be 4. :cheers:

Koopa 02-04-2006 10:51 PM

i'm recording the game so if we win i'm rewinding that sucker and watching it all over again. i won't be able to sleep anyway

hardwork 02-04-2006 10:54 PM

As someone who is old enough to have lived through every Celtics championship, all the good Bruins teams including Bobby Orr and the animals, and old enough to have sit out in the left field bleachers in Fenway Park and looked down on Ted Williams, I can say there is nothing like winning a Super Bowl. It's GLORIOUS.