Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Penguins (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Stanley Cup Playoffs. Round One. Bring on the Sens! (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=50255)

Fire Haley 04-11-2010 11:14 AM

Stanley Cup Playoffs. Round One. Bring on the Sens!

Last year, Pens fought their asses off to get the 4th seed. This year, they kinda stumbled into it - losing every meaningful game against the Caps and Devils to get there.

Not a confidence builder for me, but, we'll see if they can find the light switch in the dark,

Sens just lost their best forward Kovalev - torn ACL.

If the Pens lose the first game against the Sens - panic will ensue.

Pens in 6.

X-Terminator 04-11-2010 01:53 PM

Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs. Round One. Bring on the Sens!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killer (Post 796534)
Last year, Pens fought their asses off to get the 4th seed. This year, they kinda stumbled into it - losing every meaningful game against the Caps and Devils to get there.

Not a confidence builder for me, but, we'll see if they can find the light switch in the dark,

Sens just lost their best forward Kovalev - torn ACL.

If the Pens lose the first game against the Sens - panic will ensue.

Pens in 6.

Kovalev is not the Sens' best forward - Daniel Alfredsson is. His numbers are down only because he missed 15 games due to injury this year. Jason Spezza is another one, but he has a history of not being a great playoff performer. Basically this series will come down to whether or not the Pens can play their game. If they do, they will make life miserable for the Sens, because after Volchenkov and Phillips, their defense is average at best. If they are flat, it'll give the Sens every reason to think they can beat them. They will also need Brian Elliott to play better than Fleury if they are to have any chance of winning this series.

I also say Pens in 6. They are the better team and they will prove it to the Sens once again.

#1 Big Ben Fan 04-11-2010 07:54 PM

Pens in a five and I'm not worried about this team. They're battled tested enough and I'm sure they will turn on that extra gear once the play-offs starts.

Edman 04-11-2010 08:13 PM

New Jersey winning the Atlantic hasn't won them much. They've been poor in the playoffs recently.

X-Terminator 04-11-2010 09:20 PM

Series starts Wednesday:

Wednesday, April 14 at Pittsburgh, 7:00 p.m. TBA
Friday, April 16 at Pittsburgh, 7:00 p.m. TBA
Sunday, April 18 at Ottawa, 6:30 p.m. TBA
Tuesday, April 20 at Ottawa, 7:00 p.m. TBA
*Thursday, April 22 at Pittsburgh, 7:00 p.m. TBA
*Saturday, April 24 at Ottawa, 7:00 p.m. TBA
*Tuesday, April 27 at Pittsburgh, 7:00 p.m. TBA

Only 2 day break is between games 6 and 7, if it gets that far. Sounds good to me. HTG and I will be at the game on Wednesday - can't wait!

SteelCityMan786 04-11-2010 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edman (Post 796735)
New Jersey winning the Atlantic hasn't won them much. They've been poor in the playoffs recently.

Best Performance in the last 3 years was 2007. That same year they lost to Ottawa in the next round.

Anyway. I see this series going 6-7 games. Ottawa hasn't made it easy to beat them, and they're not about to start.

Fire Haley 04-11-2010 11:08 PM

NHL.com says they're all on Versus and CBC. No NBC game.

7SteelGal43 04-11-2010 11:28 PM

LET'S GO PENS :tt03:

steelpride12 04-11-2010 11:58 PM

Alright well im going to be super confident and say the Pens go into the game 100% healthy and go out and kick major ass! I feel they will turn it on for the playoffs and become the lethal threat on offense.

Now the defense with Rich Boy Letang and GoGo I am slightly worried. Either way this just will turn out to be a long, good series with momentum going back and forth!

Pens in 6.

SteelCityMom 04-12-2010 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killer (Post 796881)
NHL.com says they're all on Versus and CBC. No NBC game.

Works for me! That means all playoff games should be available on the Jumbotron outside Mellon (assuming they're doing it again this year). We've had a blast there the past couple years.