Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Living in the present! (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=5033)

augustashark 02-05-2006 10:59 PM

Living in the present!

There are so many fans of other teams that have said this for years now that we are a fan base that lives in the past.......There are fans that post here that has said this also. I'm in too good of a mood to mention any names of who these idiots are, but I will say this now and it will last for at least a year.......And to all of you nay sayers.:kick:

The one for the thumb is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIVING IN THE PRESENT!

clevestinks 02-06-2006 07:46 AM

Re: Living in the present!

You are correct, although we all run smack about others also, but for at least a year, we are reigning World Champs!

LambertIsGod58 02-06-2006 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by augustashark
There are so many fans of other teams that have said this for years now that we are a fan base that lives in the past.......There are fans that post here that has said this also. I'm in too good of a mood to mention any names of who these idiots are, but I will say this now and it will last for at least a year.......And to all of you nay sayers.:kick:

The one for the thumb is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIVING IN THE PRESENT!

We live in the past....but in a good way. Our history means something to us unlike other teams...And let's face it, what other teams really have the history we do? Not many, only Dallas and SF really. But IMO, they don't seem to take pride in their history the way we do.

BlitzburghRockCity 02-06-2006 07:57 AM

There's nothing wrong with being proud of our past.. the Steeler history is great indeed ! We can all live in the past and be proud of it..BUT now we can live in the present too :tt:

Cape Cod Steel Head 02-06-2006 11:04 AM

Yeah, a certain person should think about changing his screen name.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE 02-06-2006 11:13 AM

lol......who would that certain person be......and maybe hes the one "living in the past"

SalukiSteelers 02-06-2006 11:30 AM

Nice touch, augustashark. It's been almost physically tiring reading condescending post after condescending from suddenly expert Patriots fans all season. Rarely did it seem that they ever offered any sort of sincere congratulations that didn't refer to their idea of the greatest team ever, the Patsies. While I can appreciate LITPs sheer volume of posts and some of the good points he's made over the season, it's just nice to imagine him having to wipe the smug smirk off his face when he posts from here on out. Maybe since they don't have the Steelers and their fans to kick around anymore, some of these douches will go to a Pats site and amaze THEIR brethren with their witty remarks.

Livinginthe past 02-06-2006 01:14 PM

The thing is, I really dont have to worry about trying to convince a vocal minority of posters who automatically associate everything 'Patriots' to be 'condescending', that is nothing to do with me - that is an inferiority complex.

These type of paranoiacs are on every website, im not here to try and cure people of their ill thought out prejudices - im here to try and talk football.

I wished the Steelers all the best at the start of the year - and they got the job done - kudos to them - and Im pleased that a majority of posters on this website have had their faith in the Steelers rewarded.

For the others, you can keep on hating it really makes no difference to me, as long as there is plenty of decent posters here ill be a regular fixture.

Regards

NM

SalukiSteelers 02-06-2006 02:38 PM

LITP, I'm not telling you to get lost...it's not my place to do so, but some of the guys who claim your colors need to check their attitudes.

Right now is a time to celebrate a great Steelers season and if my "condescending" comments reflect an "inferiority complex" then so be it. All I'm saying is that there always seemed to be a "yeah, but..." tone to some of the congratulatory posts from Pats fans on this site.

Right now I'm still in defend my team mode and it's tough to break out of it after hearing that the Steelers and Cowher can't win the big game and other such nonsense for so long.

It's not a bad thing for the NFL and its fans if the Pats and Steelers continue to set the pace for the league because both teams do things the right way even if they don't always take the same road to do it.

The Pats are a worthy adversary and SOME of their fans, just like SOME of are fans, are great contributors to this site. At the end of the day, we're all gonna stick on this site because SteelersFever rules.

Regards
DW

thumb 2 come 02-06-2006 02:43 PM

I will change mine when we fill up all the fingers and we get down to just the thumbs left. Here's to thre more then we will need one for the thumb.

Go Steelers we'll crush em they suck! Go steelers!!!!!!!!