Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Lets Keep Bettis Around (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=5037)

Sarasota Steeler Fan 02-05-2006 11:49 PM

Lets Keep Bettis Around

Now that we have done it!!!! Yee HAW!!! I want to add my first thread, outside of an intro, and say that I think the Steelers should hold on to Bettis in a coaching position. I didn't check to see if anyone else said this tonight, so please forgive if it a repeat.

Anyway, I know I don't have as much to contribute as some if you, football knowledge wise, but I feel very strongly about this and feel that Bettis was asking the same when he announed his retirement.

Your thoughts?

83-Steelers-43 02-05-2006 11:51 PM

Re: Lets Keep Bettis Around

I wouldn't mind seeing him as an HB coach. But I don't see it happening. TV my friend. The man has the face, class and personality for it.

Here's to hoping Michael Irvin get's fired next year.

Brady12 02-05-2006 11:55 PM

I can't see it either, and if he were to coach, it wouldn't be next season. After 13 years, you gotta have your breaks, and now it's Jerome's.

Koopa 02-05-2006 11:56 PM

no i don't want him on the coaching staff, well i wouldn't mind, but i want him in the espn studio every sunday and monday, that is where he needs to be

Avoid Lloyd 02-05-2006 11:57 PM

He's already been offered TV contracts.

You'll see him every Sunday next season, just not on the field.

Man_Of_Steel 02-05-2006 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koopa
no i don't want him on the coaching staff, well i wouldn't mind, but i want him in the espn studio every sunday and monday, that is where he needs to be

Hopefully he can take Michael Irvins place.

Koopa 02-06-2006 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NICK66
Hopefully he can take Michael Irvins place.

what's wrong with irvin? he ain't done nothing bad, who cares if he had crack, it's not like he was snortin that shit on camera. i like him on tv he's funny i think he should take that tom jackson or wtf ever his name is job

Man_Of_Steel 02-06-2006 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koopa
what's wrong with irvin? he ain't done nothing bad, who cares if he had crack, it's not like he was snortin that shit on camera. i like him on tv he's funny i think he should take that tom jackson or wtf ever his name is job

I can't stand that loudmouthed screaming all the time drug addict.

Prosdo 02-06-2006 12:19 AM

I think he'll end up in TV as well.

ColoradoSteelerFan 02-06-2006 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarasota Steeler Fan
Now that we have done it!!!! Yee HAW!!! I want to add my first thread, outside of an intro, and say that I think the Steelers should hold on to Bettis in a coaching position. I didn't check to see if anyone else said this tonight, so please forgive if it a repeat.

Anyway, I know I don't have as much to contribute as some if you, football knowledge wise, but I feel very strongly about this and feel that Bettis was asking the same when he announed his retirement.

Your thoughts?

COMPLETELY AGREE! Said the same thing to a buddy right after Bettis announced his retirement! This guy is a very valuable resource for the running backs both now and in the future. I would HATE to see him end up somewhere else!