Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Pirates (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Do the Pirates have a shot? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=505)

clevestinks 03-28-2005 04:47 PM

Do the Pirates have a shot?

I know , not a chance right. Well I`m behind them all the way anyway. what date do you think we will be officially elminated??

HinesWard4Life8682 03-29-2005 12:04 AM

Re: Do the Pirates have a shot?

at least they are better than the tigers :rolleyes:

ironcitychef 03-29-2005 11:09 AM

We would be okay if STL, HOU, and CHC were not in our group. Thats a big hill to climb/gap to catch up to. If Sep and Oct mean anything I'll be impressed.

clevestinks 03-29-2005 03:13 PM

tHATS only four teams lol :busted:

clevestinks 04-01-2005 05:08 PM

This helps:::::

SARASOTA, Fla. -- Heading into spring training, the Pirates' management was unanimous in declaring Kip Wells' health its top issue.

For now, that could not appear to be less of an issue.

Wells, the No. 2 starter, overcame a sputtering start to deliver his finest outing of the spring in a 6-4 victory against the Cincinnati Reds yesterday at Ed Smith Stadium. In five innings, he allowed one run and one hit -- a line drive by Luis Lopez with one out in the fifth -- while striking out one and walking four. Half those walks came in the first, when he gave up his run.

clevestinks 04-04-2005 07:36 PM

Not a good start, 9-2. ouch 0-1

ironcitychef 04-05-2005 02:03 AM

Yeah, but heres the good. Perez again high SO's with 6. Lawton was solid in the leadoff, and Santiago had a triple! Yeah Wilson was in a rut against Sheets, but its a new year man. Throw that stat sheet out window. You're unconventional enough to put Redman 3rd, but not enough to say hey maybe Wilson(who had a great Spring)could be over his depression with Sheets? Bad move Lloyd.

BlitzburghRockCity 04-05-2005 01:23 PM

after that showing last nite..it was deja vue ALL over again.. god I hope not!!

clevestinks 04-06-2005 07:44 PM

Another rough outing today. 0-2

ironcitychef 04-07-2005 01:00 AM

Well if the pressure was on Wells and Perez to carry us all year, its off now. I think we still need to get used to the new lineup. Strange as baseball is, I am worried less by getting blown out as we have, than say if Mesa blew saves like Rivera...