Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   i am convinced (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=5062)

steeltown 02-06-2006 11:02 AM

i am convinced

that the nfl is fixed now more than ever! i am glad we won, but c'mon fellow fans, those calls agains seattle were horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i dont want people to remember this win as a gift or a win w/an asterik. ben played horrible, no excuses anymore about his youth (he has played two full years and six playoff games). joey porter and his mouth are bigger than his game, this has been consistent for him anyways.

i feel relieved we won, but it just feels tarnished after how bad the officials are. after the indy game, its like the nfl was going to do whatever it took to give us the bowl. i am sure i will get heat from this board, but be objective and realize what other fans and spectators realized what was quite evident.

:dang:

Rotorhead 02-06-2006 11:09 AM

Re: i am convinced

HHmmmm, joined Feb 06, 2 posts . . . definately not a true steeler fan . . . no point in even wasting the effort in arguing an obvious Seachicken fan.

SteelCityPride 02-06-2006 11:10 AM

well, what calls are you talking about? I mean the few most obvious calls I am thinking of would be offensive pass intereference, the ben TD and the hold on the kickoff return.

The offensive pass intereference call, however ticky-tacky it was was just that, a push off, it gave the receiver leverage to make the play, had he not pushed off he probably still would have made the play but, then why did he push, as for the official calling it, when you watched the play develop right in front of you and you see the receiver's arms stretched out pushing the defender and then see the seperation, most officials I believe would make the same call. Although, I agree in hind sight it was ticky tacky, but still, you have to realize these officials are wathing the game at game speed in the heat of the moment.

The Ben TD I think was a good call. I think the ball crossed the plain while ben was in the air.

The holding on the return, was my biggest skeptical call I guess.

They hurt themselves with a lot of legitamate holding penalties, where the lineman were grabbing the defenders around the throats. I think there were quite a few plays where I saw blatant holds that didnt get called, that could have benefitted us also. I mean, people are making a huge deal about the officials, I understand where they are coming from, but you gotta step in the officials shoes for a minute also...

ColoradoSteelerFan 02-06-2006 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rotorhead
HHmmmm, joined Feb 06, 2 posts . . . definately not a true steeler fan . . . no point in even wasting the effort in arguing an obvious Seachicken fan.

AGREED! Your post exposed you for a fraud. The calls were no where near what you would like to portray. How about Seattle NOT commit pass interference and holding on every other play. That would have helped them. There were SEVERAL holding calls on the Seattle OL that the refs completely missed. How about the block in the back that was delivered to Roethlisberger after he threw the pick? Instead of getting the ball at the 20, Seattle should have started at about the 40 the penality. Since Seattle could only go 20 yards for their only TD, they probably don't get into the endzone.

....now go back to your Seattle boards and moan.....

BlitzburghRockCity 02-06-2006 11:14 AM

You know what.. who gives a flying rat's arse!! I will NOT allow anyone to tell me this game was won becuz the officials suck.

Did the officials do the reverse to Randle El for the TD to ward? NO
Did the officials let Willie run 75 yds for a TD ? No ?
Did the officials have the 3 sacks ? No

on and on and on... screw it, we won, its over.

LambertIsGod58 02-06-2006 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rotorhead

Get the **** out loser!!! STEELTOWN, YOU ARE NO STEELERS FAN. No Steelers fan would talk that way after what endured during the playoffs....Even if you were right, FINALLY IT WENT OUR WAY FOR ONCE!!!

83-Steelers-43 02-06-2006 11:17 AM

http://forums.steelersfever.com/show...8794#post68794

Continue being convinced. Your sad.

steeltown 02-06-2006 11:28 AM

no, not even close to a seachicken fan!!!!!!!!! that is funny, thinking i am not a true steeler fan. yes i joined today, because i am just astonished at what transpired yesterday, good and bad. i usually dont read forums, just newspapers and espn. thats where i go to hear all the b.s., but wanted to hear the "expert and true" fans here.

any objective fan will admit that the calls played a role in the outcome. the holding penalty down to the 1 yard line, we would of been losing a play later in the 4th quarter. wow, that close to losing it all!

and yes i agree, we went through a lot in the playoffs, but people keep telling me about the cincy qb getting hurt and not having to play the patriots! do we go into new england and win? not sure and glad we dont have to find out!

SteelCityPride 02-06-2006 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steeltown
no, not even close to a seachicken fan!!!!!!!!! that is funny, thinking i am not a true steeler fan. yes i joined today, because i am just astonished at what transpired yesterday, good and bad. i usually dont read forums, just newspapers and espn. thats where i go to hear all the b.s., but wanted to hear the "expert and true" fans here.

any objective fan will admit that the calls played a role in the outcome. the holding penalty down to the 1 yard line, we would of been losing a play later in the 4th quarter. wow, that close to losing it all!

and yes i agree, we went through a lot in the playoffs, but people keep telling me about the cincy qb getting hurt and not having to play the patriots! do we go into new england and win? not sure and glad we dont have to find out!

Nah man, haven't you learned yet that nearly every person in the media hates Pittsburgh... Those columnists/analysts are dousche bags... Sometimes I wonder if they watch the same game...

steeltown 02-06-2006 11:39 AM

you are right, the media really dislikes pittsburgh. i have noticed it even more the last two years.