Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Greatest Playoff Run in NFL History?? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=5065)

Ambridge 02-06-2006 10:18 AM

Greatest Playoff Run in NFL History??

Beating the #1 the #2 and #3 seeded teams in their conference all of which were victories on the road and to beat the #1 team in the NFC to win the Superbowl brings up the question is it the best single season Championship Run in NFL History??

BlitzburghRockCity 02-06-2006 10:23 AM

Re: Greatest Playoff Run in NFL History??

I think you can make an arguement that we just completed the greatest championship run in history. 3 road wins against the top 3 teams, the 6th seed, and then to finish it off with a win.

Sure alot has to be said for teams that have won at home becuz thats great too...but 3 road wins after needing help to get into the playoffs and then winning it. Yeah u can make a very solid case for it.

LambertIsGod58 02-06-2006 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ambridge
Beating the #1 the #2 and #3 seeded teams in their conference all of which were victories on the road and to beat the #1 team in the NFC to win the Superbowl brings up the question is it the best single season Championship Run in NFL History??

SORRY BRO...IT'S NOT QUESTION...IT'S AN ANSWER!!!! GREATER THAN ANY OF THE 70'S WINS IN MY OPINION.

SteelCityPride 02-06-2006 10:24 AM

ABSOLUTELY...

considering how domainant and strong each of the teams were in their conferences. I mean the Bungals and the whole "changing of the guard" and how high powered they were...

No speaking for the Colt's they were great all season and Denver was solid.

The hawks were by far the dominant team in the NFC.

Most amazing playoff run I have ever seen in my lifetime..

SteelerDan43 02-06-2006 10:40 AM

There is no possible way you could have a tougher road.... Greatest run ever!! 1-2-3-1 seeds, best possible competition.... World Champs Baby!!!

brianski71 02-06-2006 10:46 AM

period.
no one will ever beat all 4 top seeds again

BIGBENFASTWILLIE 02-06-2006 10:52 AM

The team step up when it had to and won......players steped up when they had to.
Ben had a great game in the playoffs when the running game wasnt' producing. and the team took care of him last night.......
It was a great season to watch and im looking forward to defending our championship next year............

Need4spd 02-06-2006 12:04 PM

By definition, this has to be considered the greatest playoff run ever. As stated above, you cannot have a more difficult path to a championship. I don't know if it will ever happen again, I've always kind of been from the "Never Say Never," school of thought, but for right now, we can definately lay claim to the single best run to a Super Bowl championship... EVER.