Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Congrats to the Steelers fans...still hard to swallow (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=5079)

ZornToLargent 02-06-2006 12:18 PM

Congrats to the Steelers fans...still hard to swallow

Quote:

Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43
No, what's a joke are people stating the refs gave us this game. Those are the true morons and the ones that have no idea what football is all about. But jealousy and denial sucks....

After the Steelers Colts game....I can't believe you now take it so blindly. The officiating in this game was one of the worst in Super Bowl history.

Yes, The Seahawks should have done a lot more to over compensate that. We should have caught those dropped passes and made some of those missed field goals. The Steelers had the big play when it was needed most, and for that I commend your team as Champions.

But the way I see it, it was the BS call to call our TD back....and a COMPLETE pile of Testiverdi horse shit that they gave Rothisburgher his....or let his stand. That was no way a TD. From every camera angle I saw...I never saw the ball cross the goal line before he was down....the refs in the booth even told Holmgren that it wasn't a touchdown but the field ref had no indisputable evidence to over turn the call....what a crock!!

In my opinion, yes, the refs had a big say on the outcome of the game...they should have been given the MVP.

Congrats to the Steelers fans though. You are some fine football fans and deserve this win, enjoy it!

I’m eating some crow…..but it’s EXTREMELY hard to swallow.

I had a blast on this site…so thanks to all that run Steelers Fever.

We’ll see you again next year!

-ZTL

Steel - X 02-06-2006 12:22 PM

Re: Congrats to the Steelers fans...still hard to swallow

Very nice post I agree there weere some missed calls or bad ones for that matter but I believe there were some that went your way also. I am not here to nit pick everything because you seem like a class guy unlike some of your other true fans. Thanks for the props we do have some good fans. Stick around.

marksashton 02-06-2006 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZornToLargent
After the Steelers Colts game....I can't believe you now take it so blindly. The officiating in this game was one of the worst in Super Bowl history.

Yes, The Seahawks should have done a lot more to over compensate that. We should have caught those dropped passes and made some of those missed field goals. The Steelers had the big play when it was needed most, and for that I commend your team as Champions.

But the way I see it, it was the BS call to call our TD back....and a COMPLETE pile of Testiverdi horse shit that they gave Rithisburgher his....or let his stand. That was no way a TD. From every camera angle I saw...I never saw the ball cross the goal line before he was down....the refs in the booth even told Holmgren that it wasn't a touchdown but the field ref had no indisputable evidence to over turn the call....what a crock!!

In my opinion, yes, the refs had a big say on the outcome of the game...they should have been given the MVP.

Congrats to the Steelers fans though. You are some fine football fans and deserve this win, enjoy it!

I?m eating some crow?..but it?s EXTREMELY hard to swallow.

I had a blast on this site?so thanks to all that run Steelers Fever.

We?ll see you again next year!

-ZTL

I think Hasselbeck said it best. He said that the Seahawks didn't play well enough to win and the Steelers did. I think the refs had a pretty big impact. The supposed hold that called back the pass to the Steelers 1 yard run could have been pivital.

But ultimately a win is a win. Seattle played better, dominated Pittsburgh for a good portion of the game, outgained them, more first downs, better defence...all except for a couple of self-inflicted wounds. In the superbowl you can't win if you make mistakes...unless your "Big Ben" of QB rating 29 and two INT's...oh wait, which brings me back to the refs... OH well, better luck next year Hawks.

SteelerzGirl 02-06-2006 12:24 PM

Thanks, Zorn. Don't be a stranger. :smile: I still have 10,000 Seahawks points to spend. Can they be used to purchase Pittsburgh Steelers memorabilia...(lol)? :wink:

benberger 02-06-2006 12:26 PM

seahawks earned my respect last night....i dont think i saw a team play the steelers that tough all year.....if it makes you feel any better i think the seahawks have a much better chance of getting back to the super bowl next year than the steelers because they play iin the nfc.....they would be a fine afc team though....i think the two best teams in football played in the super bowl for sure this year.

Eztarget 02-06-2006 12:26 PM

It was a p!ss poor SB ALL AROUND IMO.

Both teams looked frightened in the beginning, and then the officiating was horrible BOTH ways but unfortunately the questionable calls against your team were on HUGE plays.

Did we get the SB "handed" to us? I'd say no.

Did the officials decide the outcome? I'd say no.

Did the officials change momentum as crucial times? Definitely!

We faced the same crap against the Colts who IMO were much better than Seattle and we still overcame it. Seattle didn't defend on the Steelers two biggest plays and the REFS had NOTHING to do with those plays.

I wish they would eliminate the stupid "bye week" between conference championship games and the SB. It takes two great teams playing at a high level and screws up their timing. Plus in EVERY other major sport the playoffs are all about SURVIVING the tough schedule and winning it all. Imagine if they took two weeks off between the NBA, or NHL finals?

ZornToLargent 02-06-2006 12:32 PM

Yeah, imagine if they had 2 weeks of during the world series. I agree....I am not a fan of the SB bye week.

Also, I wish the refs in the NFL were full time positions...like they are in MLB and the NBA. Maybe the league as a whole would get better officiated games.

TapOut64 02-06-2006 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZornToLargent

But the way I see it, it was the BS call to call our TD back....and a COMPLETE pile of Testiverdi horse shit that they gave Rothisburgher his....or let his stand. That was no way a TD. From every camera angle I saw...I never saw the ball cross the goal line before he was down....the refs in the booth even told Holmgren that it wasn't a touchdown but the field ref had no indisputable evidence to over turn the call....what a crock!!

I?m eating some crow?..but it?s EXTREMELY hard to swallow.

I had a blast on this site?so thanks to all that run Steelers Fever.

We?ll see you again next year!

-ZTL

It wasn't the refs in the booth who told Holmgren it wasn't a TD, it was his own coaching staff. IMHO, the tip of the ball crossed the goal line, two to three feet above it.

Seattle was unable to take advantage of Ben having one of his worst games and the refs had nothing to do with Willie Parkers 75 yard TD run, and I didn't think that they had coverage on Hines Ward on Randle El's TD pass.

83-Steelers-43 02-06-2006 12:36 PM

http://forums.steelersfever.com/show...9030#post69030

:crying01: :crying01: :crying01: :crying01: :crying01:

Pathetic. After seeing the Seahawks MB's I can see where it comes from.

bozz723 02-06-2006 12:37 PM

Just for the record...

Ben was in for that touchdown. I dont know how people can't see that. The ball crossed the plane when he was airborne, albeit a very small part of the ball, but you could esily see it. Thats a TD, refs got it right.

The holding call on the Stevens catch at the one ? WAS HOLDING. I screamed that before Hasselbeck released the ball and it came as no surprise when the flag came. Haggans blew right around him and the only way he could stop him was by grabbing his collar and HOLDING him.

Hasselbeck also didn't have to throw that interception, was a horrible pass. The only horrible call of the game was Hasselbeck's personal foul penalty. That was it. Seahawks lost, and thats the bottom line.