Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Bettis Leading the Pack Before Game!! (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=5080)

radaz52 02-06-2006 12:18 PM

Bettis Leading the Pack Before Game!!

Was that not the sweetest thing. That was awesome how Joey Porter held the team back and let The Bus run out on the field on his own. That shows what kind of team this is...just awesome. Does anyone have a pic of this?

Steel - X 02-06-2006 12:19 PM

Re: Bettis Leading the Pack Before Game!!

It was on CBS sportsline check out there pictures. It didnt show the team just the bus

SteelerzGirl 02-06-2006 12:21 PM

I caught that, too, radaz. It gave me goosebumps and a tear in my eye. The other teams fans can say what they want about Joey Porter, but our Steelers are such a tight, close-knit group of guys who stick together through thick and thin, that no one can spoil their victory! :bouncy:

How 'bout all those cheers for Lynn Swann and Franco Harris? I loved how Franco pulled out his Terrible Towel and started waving it high and proud. Oh yeaaaaa... :smile:

Steel - X 02-06-2006 12:24 PM

Here it is

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a82...img9210517.jpg

SteelerFanInCA 02-06-2006 12:28 PM

That was pretty sweet. Gave me the chills.

steelersgirl86 02-06-2006 12:33 PM

that picture gives me chills all over again.....

WHAT AN AWESOME GAME....

Need4spd 02-06-2006 12:51 PM

Has anyone ever seen any team in any sport, rally around one of their teammates the way this team did for Jerome Bettis? What does that say about the man, and also the team. Make no mistake about it, winning this Super Bowl was every bit as important individually to each of the other 52 members of that team as it was for Jerome, but every one of them made an unwavering commitment to dedicate this entire week, and this game to The Bus. To me, in this day and age of self promotion and individuality, for them to make this entire Super Bowl experience about one man, and to focus the spotlight on him in every way they could, speaks volumes about the team, the coaching staff, the front office, and the ownership. Those values start at the top.

BlitzburghRockCity 02-06-2006 01:03 PM

That was all Joey.. he told Bus in the tunnel he would hold back the guys and let the Bus lead out the team.

Class move from a class team.

melroseplace 02-06-2006 04:20 PM

such an awesome beginning to the game

radaz52 02-07-2006 08:02 AM

From the Tribune:

Running back Jerome Bettis will no longer be a Steelers player, but his impact continues to be felt among his peers. Super Bowl MVP Hines Ward discussed what Bettis has meant to this Super Bowl-winning franchise. "Jerome touched every player on our team, some form, some way, he's touched coaches, players, trainers." That's why the team asked Bettis to run out of the tunnel alone at the opening of the Super Bowl, after which they followed in line. "The idea came from Joey ( Porter )," Ward said. "We beat Denver (in the AFC final) and in Denver we kind of said, 'What would be special for Jerome's run through the tunnel?' We said, 'What better way than to let Jerome run out there and call the boys who helped get him there. And we figured that's what we wanted to do. And it looked good. He ran out there, in his own hometown, Super Bowl, and waved out to all the boys to come join him. That's what it's all about."

You will never see a team be that respectful to one player. EVER!!!!
Love them Steelers!!!