Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   How About Ike Taylor for MVP? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=5104)

TasmanianTroy271 02-06-2006 04:00 PM

How About Ike Taylor for MVP?

I mean, I just looked at the stats from the game; 10 tackles of which 9 were solo, he had that interception right when Seattle was threatening, and Seattle didn't get off that many huge plays down the sidelines did they? I know they'd never give it to him because he doesn't have the Star Power, but give it up for Ike...

melroseplace 02-06-2006 04:15 PM

Re: How About Ike Taylor for MVP?

I personally voted for Haggans, I thought he played a very good game. not complaining that Hines won tho

ColoradoSteelerFan 02-06-2006 04:16 PM

Taylor played a great second half, but spent most of the first half tackling Jackson after he allowed him to catch a pass.

SteelerFanInCA 02-06-2006 04:37 PM

But Ike did stop a drive during the most crucial point in the game.

boLT fan 02-06-2006 04:46 PM

If he would've got that early interception then he probably would have got the MVP.

Dook 02-06-2006 06:51 PM

Ike's coverage was too soft. He was getting ate up early by Hasselbeck.

Ike was man on man so he didn't have help. This gave us more blitz options but it's tough for him to bite on the short down and outs because a double move, pump fake, and he is beat long. Ike did exactly as he was supposed to do, he kept them from getting the long play.

But it surely wasn't worth an MVP.

That interception he got was all on Hasselbeck. Ike was just in the right place at the right time. At least he caught that one.

LambertIsGod58 02-06-2006 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dook
Ike's coverage was too soft. He was getting ate up early by Hasselbeck.

Ike was man on man so he didn't have help. This gave us more blitz options but it's tough for him to bite on the short down and outs because a double move, pump fake, and he is beat long. Ike did exactly as he was supposed to do, he kept them from getting the long play.

But it surely wasn't worth an MVP.

That interception he got was all on Hasselbeck. Ike was just in the right place at the right time. At least he caught that one.

I have to agree here....Ike was being picked apart by Hasselbeck from what I saw...He did come up big with the one INT but should have had TWO. I would have voted for either Fancea or Ward to win MVP.

ngreene15 02-06-2006 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melroseplace
I personally voted for Haggans, I thought he played a very good game. not complaining that Hines won tho

He did... Made the Hawks pay for keeping all their plays away from Joey.

Milkman 02-06-2006 06:57 PM

Ike is very under-rated for CB. Once his hands catch up to his covering ability, he will definitely get more recognition!

Sharkissle29 02-06-2006 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milkman
Ike is very under-rated for CB. Once his hands catch up to his covering ability, he will definitely get more recognition!

i've said it from day one. ike taylor is a star CB in the making...that being said, we would be foolish to let him go through free agency