Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Celebration stories (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=5111)

3 to be 4 02-06-2006 04:52 PM

Celebration stories

C'mon Steeler Nation. I want details. Ive shared how I spent the biggest moment of my sports watching life.
But I want to hear your stories. This is Steeler time. There must be thousands of personal, emotional, heartfelt tales to tell of where you were and what you were doing and feeling when the Pittsburgh Steelers became the World Champions.

70c10 02-06-2006 05:03 PM

Re: Celebration stories

I was actually taking a dump.:sofunny:

RoethlisBURGHer 02-06-2006 05:09 PM

I was standing in my Grandparent's living room hugging my Grandpa,crying,screaming "One for the Thumb!" and "Thank you Bus!".

Then I ran around outside in the snow waving my Terrible Towel screaming "One for the Thumb!" in just my Big Ben jersey,jeans,and Adidas...I also made snow angels all over the front yard.

Then I talked to my friend Jasmine for two hours on the phone and noticed Hines Ward's son looks just like hers boy Noah.

Prosdo 02-06-2006 05:34 PM

Well for the whole season and post-season at my parents' bar a lot of the regulars came down to watch every game. So basically the same people every game. It was great when we won. My friends, one of the customer's daughter, and myself weren't lucky enough to be around for the 70's championships. When we one it was awesome. A lot of hugging, crying, cheering. Everyone ran outside celebrating. It was a blast.

Sleepless In Seattle 02-06-2006 06:27 PM

I went to a friends party which just happened to be ALL Seahawks fans :)
I knew this going into it and was already planning to go a month ago not knowing who would even be in the game. I stood by my word and attended. My wife, two kids and myself ALL wearing our Steeler gear proudly surrounded by 30-45 Seahawk fans! It was awsome being there supporting the team surrounded by the enemies. Lots of good food and drink ( I drove down to Portland last week and picked up 3 cases of I.C to take) they were all pretty upset at the end but treated us fine. Would have much rather been at the game or with Steeler fans but but being at this party added a special touch. :)

LambertIsGod58 02-06-2006 07:00 PM

I was HOME and wearing my lucky Steelers jersey, which I wore for all 3 Playoff wins....I went to my buddie's house for the game and wore my lucky away white Lambert jersey. I didn't feel right after the 1st half. I told him I was leaving at halftime. I did...because of superstition. The first play when I turned it on at home was Parker's 75yd TD run. It's amazing how stupid superstition can do. This was my son's first SB victory as a fan and my first since I was 7yrs old the last time the Steelers won one.

SalukiSteelers 02-06-2006 07:05 PM

I just sat there, dumbstruck. I kind of stood up and gave out a "Whooooo!!!" that would have made Ric Flair jealous and I gave one of my roomies a high-five.

I'd been doing homework for about three-straight days so I had to bag a trip to see my dad and watch the game with him. It sucked but sometimes that's the way it is.

Anyway, I call the old man on the phone and I can tell he's pretty emotional -- or maybe that was buzzed. Anyway, we're sitting there talking and I tell him, "Dad, I thought this would feel a little better than it does, right now."

"That's the feeling of relief, son," my dad said. "After you get so worked up for something like this the only thing you can feel is relief. Watch the trophy presentation and give it a day, then it'll sink in."

Damn if it didn't hit me this morning as I'm slipping on the ratty Steelers t-shirt I've been wearing every Sunday for about five seasons and headed to class. I could not stop smiling.

melroseplace 02-06-2006 07:28 PM

I was kind of dumbfounded til I saw Cowher soaked in Gatorade then I flipped out. screamed, hugged and high fived my family, called my friends and screamed into the phone. I had fun watching it at home but kind of wished I would have been at school...it would have been cool to run around outside and celebrate :tt02:

Sharkissle29 02-06-2006 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SalukiSteelers
I just sat there, dumbstruck. I kind of stood up and gave out a "Whooooo!!!" that would have made Ric Flair jealous and I gave one of my roomies a high-five.

I'd been doing homework for about three-straight days so I had to bag a trip to see my dad and watch the game with him. It sucked but sometimes that's the way it is.

Anyway, I call the old man on the phone and I can tell he's pretty emotional -- or maybe that was buzzed. Anyway, we're sitting there talking and I tell him, "Dad, I thought this would feel a little better than it does, right now."

"That's the feeling of relief, son," my dad said. "After you get so worked up for something like this the only thing you can feel is relief. Watch the trophy presentation and give it a day, then it'll sink in."

Damn if it didn't hit me this morning as I'm slipping on the ratty Steelers t-shirt I've been wearing every Sunday for about five seasons and headed to class. I could not stop smiling.

that is EXACTLY what happened to me. for some reason i just wasnt as excited. but today at school, i just couldnt stop smiling. i think last night i was a bit shellshocked and thought i might have been dreaming or something. but i felt it today!!!!!!! GO STEEELERS!!!!!!!